Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

Gonorrhea Or Uti - Burning sensation while urinating

Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
I am a 17 year old male who has become sexually active in the last 4 months. I have only had one partner during this time, but we have had unprotected sex. Shortly after our first time I noticed a mild burning sensation while I was urinating. The discomfort was not severe so I did not think anything of it. The sensation was intermittent: I would have pain for a time, then for a week I would feel nothing.

However, in the last two weeks my symptoms have intensified, and I have developed new ones. The burning sensation has worsened, and I have trouble beginning to pee. In between urination or ejaculation I have a mild, yet irritating burning pain in my urethra which does not go away for a while. My other symptoms include infrequent pain in the lower abdomen, dull pain in my left testicle, increased frequency of urination, and occasional chills. I have had no discharge from my penis during this time.

I have researched the possible causes on the internet, but I am not sure of the quality of the information. I am hoping that it is a simple UTI that can be treated easily, but I am hesitant to assume that considering the recent sexual activity.

Please respond and give me your thoughts on my problem. Thank You

Peter Y.
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 4th, 2007
Sounds Like a Uti
all your symptoms point to a UTI...however, many genital health problems have the same symptoms so it can be hard to say. BUT, UTI's can easily be tested at the doctors office, just a simple urine sample, wont take long and harmless. If you cant afford to go to a doctor, try going to a local drugstore, CVS, Walgreens etc...whatever is local, and look for AZO urinary tract infection Test Strips...its about 10-12$. If you do have a UTI, you need to be treated asap. Letting an infection go untreated for a long period of time can cause serious damage for the future. You will be prescribed antibiotics, which the infection will go away in a matter of 2 days, but usually you are required to take medication for an entire week...just make sure you do what the doctor says. BOTTOM LINE, I recommend you seek medical attention immediately.
Did you find this post helpful?