Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

Pro-life: Protesting At Abortion Clinics (Page 1)

User Profile
Well, I live in Charleston, SC-as some of you may know. I live in an apartment community. The very tiny road that leads into my community has an abortion clinic right across the street. For a few weeks now, EVERY, SINGLE day, there has been a group of pro-lifers with signs that read "abortion kills children," "I regret my abortion," etc.
Don't these people require a permit?
I'm getting aggravated because they park their cars on the lawn of our apartments and picket all day long. No matter if it's raining, whatever.
Whenever I drive by, they all scream at me waving their signs and stuff at me. Yesterday, it happened to be raining, and I purposely sped through the puddle they were standing next to and splashed all of them!
I kind of felt bad afterwards but I'm so aggravated with them disturbing my peace. I have the right to drive to my house without being screamed at and signs being shoved in my face that I do not agree with.
I was thinking today that I'm going to make a sign that reads "Either I get an abortion or YOU pay for my children" The next one reads "YOU DECIDE"
Grrrrrrrr! I'm so aggravated with the bible thumpers. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 4th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah, I'd be annoyed too. You'd think people would have better things to do than harrass people but I suppose it makes them feel smug and superior.
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Those !**@! do get annoying, and kudos for splashing them - I would have done the same thing to the two watt nosy fetus-humpers. Do they really bloody think that picketing is going to stop anything? Or do they really have such a lack of a life that they need to scream and whine about the decisions of others, none of which affect them in any way?

Another effective way of making the idiots vacate the area...toss some honey-filled balloons at them. Or caro syrup (so, so messy). Shouldn't these people be at home caring for their waifs or praising their god anyway?
|

User Profile
Supporter
Cambion wrote:
Those no namers do get annoying, and kudos for splashing them - I would have done the same thing to the two watt nosy fetus-humpers. Do they really bloody think that picketing is going to stop anything? Or do they really have such a lack of a life that they need to scream and whine about the decisions of others, none of which affect them in any way?

Another effective way of making the idiots vacate the area...toss some honey-filled balloons at them. Or caro syrup (so, so messy). Shouldn't these people be at home caring for their waifs or praising their god anyway?

Couldn't I be charged with assault or something for throwing balloons at them??? I would LOVE to do that Laughing

Is there something legal that I can do to get some peace? I feel I have the right to be able to drive to my house without being bombarded with rubbish like this. I feel really sorry for the women who are going into the clinic that already have guilt to deal with, let alone some a**holes telling them they are going to HELL.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
idk.. maybe try calling the police and see if they can do something about them
parking on your apartment property..
b/c i don't think they can do that w/o permission from the apartment complex...
just let the police know that they are making it hard to drive, and could cause a
wreck from all the yelling and "in your face" stuff they are doing..

idk if that would get you anywhere...but it might be a start?
|

Extremely eHealthy
Yeah, as satisfying as it might be, DON'T wang stuff at them! You'll just end up being arrested.
|

User Profile
Supporter
Jules wrote:
Yeah, as satisfying as it might be, DON'T wang stuff at them! You'll just end up being arrested.

You have no idea how satisfying it would be!! Laughing I wouldn't do it though. I felt bad enough splashing them. hehe (not so much anymore though)
Since it will be raining for the next week, I'll just keep splashing them with water. It's not like they can do anything about it either, that's what they get for standing near puddles in traffic Twisted Evil

I was thinking about complaining to the manager of the apartments. They have their cars parked on the property and it truly IS a nuisance when I'm trying to drive carefully with my infant in the car. They are distracting. Insulting. Annoying. I could go on and on. If I didn't have 2 babies here (I'm watching my 3 month old niece too), I would be out there picketing alone for the right of choice.
|

Especially eHealthy
I'm sure there is a towing policy in your apartment complex. Maybe you could get that enforced? I mean, they are not residents, right? Smile

They do have a right to protest on public property. They do not have a right to protest on private property.

They should be doing something better with their time, like volunteering at soup kitchens and helping the homeless or mentally handicapped! Harrassing women who have made a decision already seems kind of after the fact and quite unnecessary.

I wonder how many of the 'saved' they'll be adopting today.
|

User Profile
Supporter
Haha! You crack me up. The sign that reads "I regret my abortion" is the one that bothers me the most. These women probably never even had an abortion and are just trying to scare the potential clients of the clinic. Horrible. As if these women aren't scared enough.

I doubt any of these bible thumpers have ANY adopted children. They b*tch and moan about having their taxed go to Medicaid and Welfare programs, yet they are against abortion that would cost nothing to them at all.

I just don't understand.

I don't know if they are technically ON the property either. They park their cars along the side of the street opposite of the clinic, there is a fence there but I think that land is still owned by the apartments. Not 100% sure though.

I'm disgruntled because when I HAVE to pass them every day, at least 4 times a day, they yell at me. It's distracting. Why are they yelling at ME? I didn't have an abortion, and I'm not on my way to the clinic, I'm on the way to my HOME. It just so happens to be near the clinic.
|

Especially eHealthy
Why don't you lift your baby up to the window and glare at them? I mean obviously you'd got a kid so you didn't abort lol.

You could put signs in your back seat windows!!
|

User Profile
Supporter
Eiri wrote:
Why don't you lift your baby up to the window and glare at them? I mean obviously you'd got a kid so you didn't abort lol.

You could put signs in your back seat windows!!

HAHAHAHA! I just pictured Kyleigh's face popping up from my driver's window, glaring at these freaks! Laughing

I'ma make a sign that says "YOU PICKETERS NEED TO STOP YELLING AT ME AND SHOVING YOUR IGNORANT SIGNS IN MY FACE WHILE I AM DRIVING-I HAVE MY CHILD AND DID NOT ABORT"
"YOU ARE DISTRACTING MY SAFE DRIVING"
hehe
|

User Profile
Supporter
Marianne0558 wrote:

HAHAHAHA! I just pictured Kyleigh's face popping up from my driver's window, glaring at these freaks! Laughing

I'ma make a sign that says "YOU PICKETERS NEED TO STOP YELLING AT ME AND SHOVING YOUR IGNORANT SIGNS IN MY FACE WHILE I AM DRIVING-I HAVE MY CHILD AND DID NOT ABORT"
hehe

Oh, and them I'm still going to splash them
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I know how you feel. On the way to my old job I had to pass the planned parenthood clinic. Planned parenthood, people. They support all decisions. There was this ancient couple that stood outside everyday, rain or shine, snow or heat with their disgusting signs. The thing that burns me up most about those signs is how horribly inaccurate they are. And as I would try to walk past, they would purposely jump in front of me with the signs in my face, screaming "Abortion kills babies like this one! Don't be a murderer, sister!". For goodness' sake, I'm on my way to work, why the h*ll are you harassing me? I'd get so mad, like don't you have anything else to do with your effing retirement? You're making me want to forget I'm Christian and throw your old @sses into traffic. Every single day I would have to pass them if I didn't want to go five blocks out of my way to get where I had to go. I thought about protesting their protest but I actually had to do other things with my day, like go to work so I wouldn't have to get on welfare to feed my son.
|

Especially eHealthy
Marianne0558 wrote:
Marianne0558 wrote:

hehe

Oh, and them I'm still going to splash them

You should totally roll down your window and say, "Excuse me... is this the abortion clinic? I think I'm late for my appointment." Twisted Evil
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Hahaha! You're so bad, Ingi! I'd give anything to see their faces!!
|

User Profile
Supporter
Ok ladies. New plan. It's going to be POURING rain here within the next few hours. I have nothing else to do (hubby is at work) and plus, Kyleigh LOVES to ride in the car....
My plan is to go up and down the street about a dozen or so times, just continuously splashing them until they go home. Twisted Evil
I have my camera Laughing !!!!!!!!!!!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Marianne-

Hmmmm.... Water balloons would be fun.. Razz

I live in Charlotte nc, and we have a few protestors every once in awhile.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Marianne0558 wrote:
Cambion wrote:
Those no namers do get annoying, and kudos for splashing them - I would have done the same thing to the two watt nosy fetus-humpers. Do they really bloody think that picketing is going to stop anything? Or do they really have such a lack of a life that they need to scream and whine about the decisions of others, none of which affect them in any way?

Couldn't I be charged with assault or something for throwing balloons at them??? I would LOVE to do that Laughing

Is there something legal that I can do to get some peace? I feel I have the right to be able to drive to my house without being bombarded with rubbish like this. I feel really sorry for the women who are going into the clinic that already have guilt to deal with, let alone some a**holes telling them they are going to HELL.

Yes, you can do something. You can complain every single day to the police. It is illegal to disturb the peace, especially as blatantly as the anti-choice whack jobs are.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Marianne0558 wrote:

I'm disgruntled because when I HAVE to pass them every day, at least 4 times a day, they yell at me. It's distracting. Why are they yelling at ME? I didn't have an abortion, and I'm not on my way to the clinic, I'm on the way to my HOME. It just so happens to be near the clinic.

I would stop my car and ask that very question.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Ingi wrote:

You should totally roll down your window and say, "Excuse me... is this the abortion clinic? I think I'm late for my appointment." Twisted Evil

No, no. Say, "I'm late for my monthly appointment. I get an abortion once a month because I use it for birth control."

LOL!
|