Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Ok, I have had this situation for 5 years now. It is a curse. I am passing gas without trying to. If I get up out of my seat the gas just seeps out. If I try to talk to my boss the gas just someone has a mind of its own. I thought this was a voluntary movement..My co workers needless to say are angry..And I can understand..But if I went to the bathroom I would be there my whole 8 hour shift. So this oder is present wether I like it or not..I tried to change my diet...Mylanta ,gasx..Other antacids...But nothing helps this is a big problem..And dont even mention trying to date..I told my doctor this but I dont think he quite understands the magnitude of the situation. It is kinda like tying a bag of feces to you jacket all day. What remedy is there for this...Is this gassy incontinence? Help please.... Shocked
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 28th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I would definately talk to your doctor again! Explain how bad this problem is. If it is always that bad then there has to be some kind of an underlying problem.
|

replied March 28th, 2004
Your situation sounds like a gastro tract infection. Did it just start happening one day? What's your typical diet include? If you dont mind, whats your age?

If you don't feel comfortable answering the questions, give your doctor a call, or make an appointment with another doctor.
|

replied November 28th, 2004
I thought I was the only one with this problem. It started five years ago also. I dont know whats my problem, gas just seems to come out by itself. It has ruin my social life, because I cant go out for long because I always seem to have gas.I dont know how to tell my doctor, im embarrass to talk about it. How should I handle this? Is their a cure? Crying or Very sad
|

replied April 11th, 2009
No Worries! Devrom is here!
Hey...I had a similar problem, except it was my roommate and I swear he had something dead in his colon. Maybe not, but whatever it was, the odor of his gas was atrocious. Forget bringing home any dates because the apartment sometimes needed to be fumigated. I was curious if there was anything out there and found a product called Devrom. It's an "internal deodorant" and FDA approved. I found a bunch of places online to order it and I think their website said it's availble in pharmacies. End result, my buddy tried it and it worked like a charm. I'm serious, it was nothing short of a miracle. The directions are 1-2 tablets up to 4 times daily, but he gets by with 2 or 3 per spaced out through the day. Check it out! Living testiment right here!!!
|

replied March 6th, 2010
Right I have the same problem too. But tested and proven, Devrom does not work!!!
|

replied May 19th, 2011
I guess both of us are freaks of nature =) because it's defintely casting downer on our gas bombs! The stuff works and I'm not the only one.. Again it's called Devrom internal deodorant tablets
|

replied July 13th, 2011
Hi all,

I developed an anxiety disorder when I was 18, 15 years ago. Since then, I have also had, along side this horrible condition, the equally horrible problem of leaking wind. I also (as Meagan) thought this was voluntary action but apparently not. Like Meagan it would happen when standing up from sitting or to be honest at any time. I would not know it had happened and is always silent (But can be deadly). Over the years I have built up quite a reputation (it’s almost funny); it’s a living nightmare though!! My anxiety defiantly exacerbates the flatal incontinence.

I feel I want to pass wind as anyone else, but try to stop it from happening, if in an inappropriate place. 80% of the time I do control it but the other 20% it passes without my knowing to the horror of others and myself!! My flatulence smells pretty much the same as anyone else’s, sometimes unnoticeable, sometimes bad. I have more flatulence when stressed or anxious which then makes me even more anxious and so on.

Socially it’s a nightmare. People think I’m doing it on purpose and treat me with hate (I don’t blame them), some people play pin the fart and try to exacerbate my problems (very funny for them, if it works). I have lost many friends, due to me cutting myself of from people and as far as my career goes, well it’s a nightmare at the moment. I find with family or girlfriends it’s not as noticeable as I’m usually relaxed but it still can be a problem if stressed.

I work in a medical setting as an assistant. The professionals there do not give me confidence in the medical system. I am on medication for my anxiety but this only helps a little. Most people around me would not notice I suffer from anxiety but a few would have seen me in a bad way, excessive sweating and panic attacks ect... I have held down a job in a hospital for 6 years with this flatulence problem not really being a big problem. Unfortunately it’s back with a vengeance and causing me real social and functional problems. My life seams to be a living nightmare.

Can anyone help!!!!!!!!
|

replied October 18th, 2011
flatulence - gulping - anxiety (avoidant) personality disorder
I can imagine how you feel...

the very same problem made me leave my job..

i am suffering from it every day ... i gulp air so much that my stomach starts to hurt...

when i get really angry or start thinking a lot or start to have OCD symptoms... the gulping usually stops then...
when i get quite angry and aggressive ... the gulping goes away for even longer..

i was diagnosed with anxiety (avoidant) personality disorder.. when i get anxious and my mind refuses to deal with the anxiety, it gets pushed into my body and it manifests as a psychosomatic symptom.. - stiff neck and throat and constant gulping

i have tried many things .... even flatulence medication... nothing worked for me so far...
the only thing that helped me to suppress the symptom was anger, assertiveness and aggression .. that ultimately kills the anxiety for the time being
|

replied October 18th, 2011
I can imagine how you feel...

the very same problem made me leave my job..

i am suffering from it every day ... i gulp air so much that my stomach starts to hurt...

when i get really angry or start thinking a lot or start to have OCD symptoms... the gulping usually stops then...
when i get quite angry and aggressive ... the gulping goes away for even longer..

i was diagnosed with anxiety (avoidant) personality disorder.. when i get anxious and my mind refuses to deal with the anxiety, it gets pushed into my body and it manifests as a psychosomatic symptom.. - stiff neck and throat and constant gulping

i have tried many things .... even flatulence medication... nothing worked for me so far...
the only thing that helped me to suppress the symptom was anger, assertiveness and aggression .. that ultimately kills the anxiety for the time being
|

replied October 22nd, 2011
Hi
Thanks for the reply.
Anxiety with all its side effects is a horrible underrated and not very understood by society.
The Devrom internal deodoriser does work quite well but you have to remember to take it with all your meals.
I am also taking Citalopram 20ml a day which helps with my mood a lot.
The gulping you are suffering sounds awful and I really feel for you in having to deal with it the way you do. I am worried that you have to get angry to make it stop though. I can relate as if I'm angry I do not feel anxiety.
I have never noticed the gulping in myself but am doing it as I write!!
What sort of support is your G.P giving you?
Hope to here from you soon.
|
Quick Reply