Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Popped C-section Stitches Risk Next Time?

I had a c-section a month ago and i popped five stitches in the very middle and it left a bit of a hole for two weeks,its healed over now but just wondering if next time i get pregnant will there be a chance of it just tearing open? i'm really freaking out because no one will give me a straight answer all i'm getting is "we'll have to wait and see" Confused Exclamation
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 2nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I doubt it. It only 'popped' open because it hadn't healed over properly - how long had it been since the staples had come out when it opened up?

Your doctor won't give you a straight answer on if it will happen again? If it is HEALED, it more than likely won't happen again.
|

replied October 2nd, 2007
i didnt get staples i got internal stitches they popped the day i got them my plastic cover thing was full of blood.
|

User Profile
replied October 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Honestly thats the truth though its your body and everyones body is different so you will have to wait and see. chances are years later after the scar and skin has grown over it wont happen.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...