Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Anyone Have One Breast a Bit Larger Then the Other?

User Profile
I've always had one breast a bit bigger then the other but now I'm pregnant it seems to have enlarged even more and it makes me kinda self concious. Embarassed Is this normal? Have any of you girls exp this before or know someone who has? If so... do you think this could effect my breastfeeding when my daughter is born? Also was wondering if any of you ladies had any advice for breastfeeding, I want to breastfeed my daughter but idk much about it. Please let me know what you think Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 10th, 2007
My left breast is larger than the right and is also more noticable now that I am pregnant again. As far as breastfeeding goes, I don't plan to do it this time around. Not that I had a rough time with my son, but I just didn't feel comfortable with it. I have DDD's and my nipples point slightly downward and that made it akward. But if it's something you want to do, try it. There are lots of products and resources out there where you can turn for help. And if you don't feel comfortable you can always stop. Don't let your doctor or nurses make you feel guilty about it either. Believe me they will. You have to do what makes you feel comfortable. If it's painful or uncomfortable for you, that will make your baby uncomfortable and that will just exasporate things.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I have this problem, pregnant, or not. My left boob is a C, and my right is a A.. MAYBE a B. But it's gotten worse since i'm pregnant yes. Most women have one that is bigger than the other, but i don't think anyone has one that is 2 cups difference.
|

replied September 9th, 2011
Actually, it's not uncommon for some women to have a 2 cup difference in their breasts. It's not nearly as common as a slight difference but it's definitely not unheard of.
|

I've heard that the difference is larger in some women. I watch too much discovery health.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
It was always hard for me when i was dating before i had my daughter. I had a few guys get freaked out, and make fun of me cause they thought i was deformed. I wish i could get it fixed. But implants share the hell out of me.
|

My left is almos a cup size larger, it dosen't really bother me. In fact, my husband tends to favor that one. Did you breastfeed, if so, did that make any different in the sizes?
|

Active User, very eHealthy
My left breast is also larger then my right. My left is a B cup and the right is maybe an A cup. My boyfriend besides my family is the only person who has seen me naked, and he always though i was sexy even with a little and big boob. I have always had small breasts and am used to the jokes (if fact I make them myself)....so I am really hoping that both of them get bigger during my pregnancy.

Thats all I say to my boyfriend..."I cant wait to have bigger boobs", and he is always like but I like your small ones.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Everyone one has one side of their entire body larger.....some it is more appaarent in the breats and some you can't tell...its completely normal
|

User Profile
Supporter
My left is bigger than the right but since i've been breastfeeding it's about a cup size different, i think my right is an ff and my left is a g
|

replied April 2nd, 2009
my left breast is quite larger than the right. It is even heavier in weight, I'm just thinking that it's due to hormones and hopefully the right will eventually catch up lol
|

replied March 13th, 2010
im 4 weeks gone and my left is growing rapidly whereas my right is only starting to become sore.. so im hoping i will equalize at some point... until then i guess ill just have to be lop-sided lol
|

replied March 19th, 2010
help boobs gone crazy
i am 18 not sexualy active and have alaways had my right boob biggger than my left and now it almost twice the size of mt left one. i am forever dressing shabbily and bras are hard for me. i dk one person said to bind the right one and let the other one hang while some say that its snormal to have one bigger but women have their left bigger not right ?
|

replied March 28th, 2010
liddi45 i have exactly the same problem and i am 4 weeks aswell,,i am sooo hoping that my right one will catch up lol.i thought it was jus me lol
|

replied April 25th, 2011
Bigger booby and breastfeeding
I am pregnant with baby #6 and I have always had one breast that was larger but now that I am pregnant, it appears that my left is huge and my right is quite a bit smaller. I did breastfeed my last daughter and that may be part of that problem. Also about nursing I think it is one of the best things we can do if possible. It's the way it was meant to be of course every circumstance is different. With my first 4 I didn't because when I first tried it hurt so bad. I thought that was the way it would be from then on out but with my last daughter which I thought was my last, I was determined and it did hurt for a week or so but after that it was smooth sailing. It was the best thing I could have done. Yeah sometimes inconvenient especially with 4 other kids and homeschooling but I think it was worth every minute. So for sure think seriously about it.
|

User Profile
replied January 1st, 2012
y home schooling'?
with six kidz and homeschooling...? how r u managing & why u're doing so..?
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...