Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Yeast Infection Forum

Keep Getting Yeast Infections (Page 1)

I keep getting yeast infections and I wonder why this is happening. I wonder if it is due to shaving or I wonder if its because my bf is putting lotion on his penis and its causing a reaction when we have sex.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 30th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Not really sure but sounds like the lotion could definately cause something like that to happen..
|

User Profile
replied September 30th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Yes definitely. There could be a lot of other causes too, though. You should wear cotton underwear or no underwear so that your vaginal area stays dry (seriously!) and never wash with antibacterial soap, don't douche.

It could also be due to your birth control, so bring it up to the gyno if none of the above works and you're on hormonal birth control.

I'd start with making him stop putting lotion on! What is it for? Make sure that whatever it's intended effects are (penis enlargement?) it's not having an effect on you as well. Or tell him to put it on in the morning if you have sex at night so that it's all soaked in by then or something if he doesn't want to stop.
|

replied October 2nd, 2007
Experienced User
My bf has dry skin on his penis so he puts skin lotion on it but I don't think that is causing my yeast infection and I do wear cotton undies. My bf is very big so I'm thinking that may be the problem.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Well, his size shouldn't give you yeast infections.

Why is his skin so dry on his penis? Is he sure it's dry and not something else? It's not some kind of rash, it is? I just don't think most men find the need to put lotion on their penis. I'd ask him about it, and see your doctor in the meantime, sometimes yeast infections that recur need to be treated with medicine.
|

Especially eHealthy
Size doesn't affect your PH balance. Something else is causing that. Your boyfriend should not put lotion on his penis anytime around when you would have sex.
|

Especially eHealthy
emerald1 wrote:
My bf has dry skin on his penis so he puts skin lotion on it but I don't think that is causing my yeast infection and I do wear cotton undies. My bf is very big so I'm thinking that may be the problem.

The lotion he's using may be causing it!

He can keep using lotion, but he needs to go buy a non-scented, uncolored kind. He also needs to make sure to put it on many hours before the two of you have sex so it absorbs completely.
|

You may have an overgrowth of yeast in your body - also known as candida. Do you consume a lot of sugar (soda, candy, white everything - flour, potatoes, breads, baking??). If so you may be feeding the yeast. Consult a naturalpath in your area. Take acidophilus and cut back on your sugar/carb intake for a while. Good luck!
|

User Profile
I'm not implying that your bf has been cheating, but yeast infections are also transmitted from sex. being that you are having numerous yeast infections, you might be getting reinfected. just be careful, and use protection, the lubricant in and on the condom should help moisurize his penis. Neutral
|

replied October 4th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
yep.. thats exactly what i was going to say.. if ur bf didnt treat it when u had it the several times before, he could have a yeast infection as well and keeps passing it back to you.
He needs to treat his with a topical cream.
|

replied October 5th, 2007
Experienced User
My bf is uncircumcised with a long foreskin and all my other boyfriends have been circumcised I never had a problem with yeast infections before so, I was wondering should I ask him to get his penis circumcised?
|

Especially eHealthy
emerald1 wrote:
My bf is uncircumcised with a long foreskin and all my other boyfriends have been circumcised I never had a problem with yeast infections before so, I was wondering should I ask him to get his penis circumcised?

This is a fairly painful procedure as an adult and I think he would not wish to harm his penis. Men don't like even thinking of messing with their wiener.

Keeping under his foreskin very clean might help with your yeast problem.
|

Experienced User
Ingi wrote:
emerald1 wrote:

This is a fairly painful procedure as an adult and I think he would not wish to harm his penis. Men don't like even thinking of messing with their wiener.

Keeping under his foreskin very clean might help with your yeast problem.

Maybe your right. It just might be the lotion he is using too.
|

Especially eHealthy
emerald1 wrote:

That's an absolutely horrible thing to ask a man to do. Why don't you go cut off your clitoris while you're at it? That might help get rid of yeast infections too.

Yes, he does need to pay more attention and keep himself clean because you could simply be passing the yeast infection back and forth. I believe there is medicine he can take to get rid of it as well. I suggest you both go on a hiatus from vagina sex for a week or so, get medicated and clean, and then resume.
|

Especially eHealthy
I can't seem to edit my post so I'll just add on:

Yes, it is more likely to be related to the lotion he uses.
|

User Profile
replied October 7th, 2007
Experienced User
emerald1 wrote:

MY b/f has an uncircumcised penis and i've never had a yeast infection until I was pregnant. My yeast infection was from antibiotics that i was taking for bladder infections.
|

replied October 9th, 2007
Experienced User
bernibaby86 wrote:
emerald1 wrote:

MY b/f has an uncircumcised penis and i've never had a yeast infection until I was pregnant. My yeast infection was from antibiotics that i was taking for bladder infections.

I think it may be the lotion that he has put on his penis that is causing it. (Did you think that his penis was weird looking when you first saw that it was uncircumcised?)
|

User Profile
replied October 9th, 2007
Experienced User
emerald1 wrote:
bernibaby86 wrote:
emerald1 wrote:

I think it may be the lotion that he has put on his penis that is causing it. (Did you think that his penis was weird looking when you first saw that it was uncircumcised?)

haha i didnt even realize it was uncircumcised.
|

replied October 11th, 2007
Experienced User
bernibaby86 wrote:
emerald1 wrote:
bernibaby86 wrote:
emerald1 wrote:

sorry for asking, but how can you not realize it.
|

User Profile
replied October 11th, 2007
Experienced User
emerald1 wrote:
bernibaby86 wrote:
emerald1 wrote:
bernibaby86 wrote:
emerald1 wrote:

sorry for asking, but how can you not realize it.

I just didnt noticed. a penis is a penis whether its circumcised or not.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....