Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acid Reflux Forum

Acid Reflux Pain Below Ribs after Exercise - Pantoprazole

I am 20 years old male and since april 2006 i started having acid reflux problems however i take one pill of Pantoprazole 40mg once every 2 weeks and this keeps my acidreflux pretty much in control and i rarely get a heartburn however i always feels some degree of indigestion after eating. I wud also like to say that before April 2006 i was a really healthy person and had never visited a doctor for any thing more serious than Flu and Cold Razz used to workout daily and considered my self really lucky because of this who knew i wud get acid reflux problems Sad

However the reason i am posting today is last week i decided to do some push ups and i have not done any kind of working out except running and swimming since i started having acid reflux problems so after such a long break worked out for 10 minutes mostly i did pushups. The next day i felt dull pain whenever i arched my back slighly just below my ribcage in the center where the stomach is. I didnt give much attention to it as i thought that my upper abbs might be sore and pain will go away in a day or two. Now its been 5 days and the pain even though lessened still hasn't gone away. The problem is i feel no pain in my daily activites even while running and swimming no pain at all (in the area just below the ribcage and above bellybutton) but whenever i arch my back i feel the same dull pain and if i press firmly on the spot it hurts a bit more but as soon as i stop this its all back to normal. My first guess is that i have sore abdomen muscles just in case cud it be a Hiatus Hernia(I must mention that my stomach and daily digestion is fine and as usual some indigestion when ever i eat like it was before this so no change in my digestion and stomach).Plz ne help wud be appreciated. Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper elena3910
|

replied October 30th, 2007
you probably just pulled a muscle while working out. If you had a hiatus hernia, you would feel sick to your stomach and belch alot and would be able to eat much. Since it is going away..that is good. If you get it again, then go see a doctor to get it checked out. in the meantime, dont arch your back or press on your stomach..Razz
|

replied October 30th, 2007
I forgot to add that exercise can kick up acid reflux. when I go to the gym or to dance, sometimes after about 10 minutes of working out I get really bad acid reflux. My doctor also confirmed this.
|

replied August 24th, 2012
Prantoprazole
Wow this is an old post but in case anyone stops by while researching prantoprazole-

Prantoprazole has just been found to be beneficial to those both suffering from and susceptible to diabetes.
|
This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.
Must Read
Flu basics - what is the flu? Get started here to learn how to protect yourself....
Who is at risk of developing flu related complications? Can people die from the flu? More on risk factors here....
We answer your questions on flu symptoms here. How are cold and flu symptoms different? When should you seek medical help for flu? Plus more....