Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

Residual Schizophrenia (does It Go Away)

I am wondering if it does go away in time, cause after I got off zyprexa I came down with those symptoms (negative ones) and my life is so bad now... Is there any way i can get my emotions back and other things? please help somebody I am in hell I dont know how to cope with this i been battling this for 5 months!!! I need a miracle
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 29th, 2007
Experienced User
I've hear of cases where it goes away on its own, but I'm sorry to say I wouldn't count on it. For now, your best bet is medication. Are you on anything now?
|

replied September 29th, 2007
Philo wrote:
I've hear of cases where it goes away on its own, but I'm sorry to say I wouldn't count on it. For now, your best bet is medication. Are you on anything now?
no I'm not on medication for the time being, I'm hoping I recover without the medication. I've read many things stating that I have a 40% higher chance of recovering without...
|

replied October 2nd, 2007
uppin
|

replied February 1st, 2009
zyprexa
My boyfriend is on zyprexa 5mg and at first claimed that it was for adhd but when i looked it up it was a treatment for schizophrehia - i asked him to be honest with me and he said that he had a mild form of schizophrenia.I would appreciate more information. I don't think he displays any symptoms and he has a good job and social life, but I'm worried that I wont know what to look for. I do talk to him about ity but worry that he thinks he can't tell me the truth as i'll be frightened off - this is not the case as i think he's smashing!!
I have also read about the long term side affects of this dgrug and wornder if there are any alternatives or if this is the only long term solution.
How can I approach this with all the facts? Please help
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....