Medical Questions > Relationships > Troubled and Abusive Relationships Forum

Just ended abusive relationship with bf - I need help

About a month ago I ended a 7 month abusive relationship with my boyfriend. The time following it has been really difficult. The worst part is that I feel like I can't talk to anyone about it. I've never really talked to my parents about stuff and every time I bring it up around my friends I feel like I'm talking to a wall.

The abuse was mostly verbal and emtional, although he did push me around, pull my hair, and violently hold me down so I couldn't move. I've come to terms with the physical abuse, but it's the mental damage that's hurting me the most. When we would fight he'd keep me in the room for hours on end and wouldn't let me go/sleep until I gave into him. He'd always call me a piece of crap or a stupid slut whenever he was angry with me. He'd accuse me of sleeping with countless guys...even though I'm a virgin and you can see my hymen, he'd accuse me of this. He also would not allow me to see my family or friends...so they all thought that I had abandoned them.

Now that I'm away from him and back with my friends, things are messed up. My parents want to kick me out of the house, and my friends are all pissed at me. I feel so shitty all the time and want to talk about it...but no one's there to talk to. I understand that a lot of people have it worse than me, but I still feel like I earned to right to have someone to talk to in life. It's frustrating because I feel like I've always been there for others...and now I'm getting left on the side of the road, while everyone is enjoying life.

I guess I just really need someone to talk to and tell everything to. I hope I'm not being too selfish in requesting this...I just feel alone...and need to talk about it.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 29th, 2007
Supporter
If you ever need to talk, feel free to Private Message me. I'm here to listen!

Do your friends and family know about the nature of your past relationship?
|

User Profile
replied September 29th, 2007
Omg sister. Reading what you typed is like reading what i've been through in college!
Seriously, i swear. Broke up with him quite a long time ago and I'm moving on with my life now, but i understand EXACTLY how u're feeling. Ohh pls do Private Message me if you wanna talk. I'm here to listen!

*hugs*
|

User Profile
replied January 21st, 2008
Experienced User
I have been though an abusive relationship like this. Please feel free to PM me and i will listen and talk back
|