Medical Questions > Mental Health > Panic Attacks Forum

Instant Zanex - what meds stop severe anxiety/panic attacks?

I was recently diagnosed with adjustment disorder and anxiety. I had 2, what I now realized were, anziety or panic attacks for no apparant reason. I am now learning breathing exercises and have added yoga to my workouts. My problem now is that I am afraid it will happen again when I am out some where so I push myself into a panic. My Dr. told me there is a new drug that instantly stops severe anxiety/panic attacks but she was unsure of the name. Does anyone have any experience with this drug? I have an upcoming vacation and just want to make sure an anxiety/panic attack does not ruin it.

Thank you,
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 28th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Well, I will say this, i have been on Zanax for over four years now. It is very addicting and is a narcotic. It is one where the dose has to be monitored very carefully and keeping a good eye on your sympmtoms, adjusted periodically. I was takin off that and put on another Benzodiazampam, both being in the same family, just a slight difference in componients. You must be very careful with this med not to take over the perscribed dose. It is a drug that you can just start and stop mid stream. There is a wheening down period. It works very well and has pulled me through some very hard times. Just be careful OK. Ask you doctor about any effects it may or may not have on your travels.
|

replied November 1st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I Just Found Out
That Xanax is indeed for severe anxiety and panic attanks. Unlike Klonopin, Xanax has a sort life span and is only to be used during extreem attacks. Klonopin lasts longer and and keeps a blood level. Xanax is fast working for these attacks. Klonopin is used over long periods of time for continuous anxiety rather the a resue medication.
I use to have severe attacks and was on Xanax for 4 years and just was changed over to Klonopin and I can honestly say I feel better and calmer all day then I ever did with the Xanax. That is because it wore off to fast and I was left with nothing untill my next dose. I was on 2mg three times a day and now I am on 1ng if Klonopin three times a day and doing better then before.

Anyone else have this experience?
|

replied April 3rd, 2009
stop panic attacks
I''m putting the finishing touches on a new e-book that'"s all about how to stop panic attacks and i want to make sure I don''t leave anything out.

So,will you let me know your biggest question about how to stop panic attacks ?It could be anything......even if you think it''s silly.
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...