Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Girls, Im 13 And I Wanna Have a Baby (Page 1)

User Profile
I wanna have a baby, I took care of my little baby from the day she was born till now that she's older, after her, I took care of my other little neighbor up until she was 4, I am very happy with the comments that I got from her family and mom, they would tell me that she is a very active lil girl but not much of a brat. So, I kinda have a bit of an idea of having a baby. Give me ur opinion plz. nothing bad beacuse I know every criticizm I could ever get, trust me. Confused So, yeah, girls my age that already had a baby, tell me what it was like throughout ur pregnancy
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 27th, 2007
Experienced User
Girls about that 1st and 2nd line, I took care of ny lil neighbor, na, dont have a bby yet
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Umm, I know you say you don't want criticism, but you need to think about this realistically.

You're 13 years old. How would you be able to support a baby? You don't pay for the roof over your head, or for the electricity or hot water, or for the food. You don't pay for the clothes on your back. You can't drive. You can't work aside from small jobs like babysitting. You haven't even graduated high school yet.

If you brought a child into this world, you wouldn't be supporting it. Your parents (or whoever you live with) would be, and that's not fair for them. You're only a few years older than a child yourself... at 13, you're barely classified as a teenager. And whoever impregnated you would be guilty of statutory rape, since you're not of legal age to consent to sex.

Is this really what you want for your first child? To be born to a 13 (or at most, 14) year old mother? To have your child supported by your parents instead of yourself? Do you know that adults with jobs still have trouble supporting their children, and that's with high school diplomas and transportation? It goes way beyond being a good babysitter for the neighbor.

You would be someone's parent. You need to think about this as a mother. Your future baby deserves so much more than you're willing to give him/her right now. Complete your education and get your diploma. When you're old enough, get a part-time job and save your paychecks into a savings account. Buy a car and pay for your own gas and insurance. And when you're old enough, move out and get your own place. When you're able to do all of this successfully, then start thinking about having a baby. Don't choose a second-rate life for your child. S/he deserves the best - so wait until you're able to provide that.

Good luck.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I meant to say "able to give him/her", not willing.
|

Especially eHealthy
The statistics for this predict a life of poverty not only for you, but for your child as well. Babysitting and being around other people's children is not like having your own. The fact that you compare the two shows you have no idea what you would be getting into. Babysitting always ends at some point, having your own child NEVER ends. EVER. Once you are a mom, you are a mom 27 hours every single day, seven days a week.

I have an idea! How about you talk to your mom about it. Ask her how ready she thinks you are to have a baby. If you can't do that, you aren't ready to have a baby.
|

replied September 29th, 2007
um, 13s a little too young, dont u think..? why not have a baby when your at least 16, or 17 when youv finished/finishing school...? just my opinion.
|

replied October 1st, 2007
Experienced User
Hi
i know how it feels to want a baby at 13. I had a baby boy when i was 13 and i enjoy being my sons mum. But i never get to hang around with mates or do anything fun. Take this answer from a teenage mum, wait untill u are older as i wish i did alough i am very happy.
|

User Profile
replied October 3rd, 2007
Supporter
You can't not expect critisim. I don't know what to say really because it does get me quite angry and upset whenteenagers come on here and say 'oh i want a baby, i've babysat so i know i can have my own blah blah blah' i've been and auntie since i was 12 and i had my daughter just after my 16th and no amount of babysitting my neice and nephew could of prepared me for having my own baby. I'm not going to carry on typing now as i can feel myself getting angry
|

User Profile
replied October 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Just like Aya started off with. I know you dont want criticism but realistically you're going to have it. at 13 some girls havent even had their period yet. You shouldnt even be having sex let alone concieving a child. Are you sexually active? AT 13 you cannot even provide for a child. Aside from love emotionally physically and financially you're no where near ready. Your body isnt even technically devloped enough. and Yes I know there are 13 year olds whom have children but you know the damage it causes to your body?

You would be a child having a child. And your parents would be who would be financially responsible for them.

There is a massive difference between babysitting a child and concieving and parenting and raising a child. I mean even maturing as a person you have so much ahead of you.

You are trying to fulfill your life with a happiness factor... THINKING that having a child at 13 will be so great.

I dont want to yell at you and call you crazy... but NO

if at 13 you want another child. ask your parents to conceive one.
Put your life and education and personal well being first!
|

User Profile
replied October 11th, 2007
Dude... No
no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, you're looking at it THE WRONG WAY!!! you're bloody 13 for christ's sakes!!! you're not even out of MIDDLE SCHOOL yet!

I'm sorry but this is getting me upset now.
My elder brother, Falcon he's 15 and becoming a father. his girlfriend, the one he banged, is having a right fit. she's your age and she didn't even REMEMBER having sex.

but anyways think about it another way. you're too young and i think that it could seriously harm your body. i mean you could die. i don't want to hurt you but if it's gonna stop you from having a kid so be it.

go get some help or something, talk to somebody, change your mind!!! And if you did have this child, what about it's future? would you be able to take care fo them wwhen they're sick cuz i know for a fact in the USA they don't pay for your healthcare. like, i'm sorry this is too wrong. i'ma gonna stop writing now.

take care,

kittykute

(you're younger them me!!!)
|

User Profile
replied October 12th, 2007
Experienced User
No, your neighbor isn't your baby, you weren't around her 24/7, you weren't ever really responisble for her all the time, your not old enough to even get a job, how will you support it?
You think that your parents will pay for it all, how would you feel if you knew that you had to rely on your parents for everything your baby needed? It wouldn't even really be yours if you did that, it would be your biologically but you never were able to provide for it, your parents did.
Do you think that if you have it with a 13-14 year old BOY, not man, BOY will want to take care of it, they may say they do but you never know. So think of it, your in what 7th or 8th grade, not even in high school, would you go to school? I mean you can because I do because there are programs in some areas of the USA but does where you live have it?
You really need to think of all these things, if you have a baby it's not what you want anymore, it's that baby, your secondary, so when you get older and want to hang out with your friends how will you be able to with a baby to take care of, just hand it off to your parents.
Just think, don't you want a child hood?
|

replied October 13th, 2007
Hi
I wanted a baby at 13 too untill I seen my cousins and aunts struggling with supporting their kids while being grown. So then I didn't want a baby anymore and all of a sudden I got pregnant. But if you want a baby please find a legal way to support it. Because they shouldn't be punished by your decisions. But im not going to down your decisions because mines wasnt the best either. Im 14 now but if you want to you can write me.

Whatever you do I wish you good luck.
|

User Profile
replied October 23rd, 2007
As everyone has said, you can't not expect critisism.

Take it from a teen mom. I had a baby at 15. Because of my financial situation and the fact that my then boyfriend was NOT ready for it, we placed our son with an adoptive couple.

Now, at almost 17, I'm pregnant again.

I understand wanting to be a mom. It's so cute when you play with your nieces and nephews or the neighbor's kids. But when you have your own child, it's totally different. At 13, you cannot support a child. I'm almost 17 and will be struggling greatly with supporting this child. The advantage I have is that I know what it's like supporting myself. I know what my budget is and will be.

I strongly suggest waiting. I cannot tell you what to do, but I can tell you that it would be so much better for you and for your child to wait.

Not only is better for the child, but you have to look at yourself. Finances and emotional readiness are one thing, but your body is NOT ready to support a child growing inside you. You are not fully developed and your body cannot handle that. I don't care how mature your body may be, your body could not handle it. There are many, many cases of girls your age who have babies and then have a lot of complications from it. I knew a 13 year old girl who had a baby and when she was 16, she died of kidney failure because of the pregnancy. Not only did she lose her life, but her daughter lost a mom, her parents lost a daughter, and so on. Do you want that for your child?

Please think about this before you make any rash decisions.
|

Especially eHealthy
at thirteen
i was playing jumprope lol
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
13 is too young to even start thinking about having babies hun. your body isnt even developed properly. giving birth is dangerous enough, let alone being 13! sorry but you need to enjoy yourself before thinking about any of this
|

replied October 24th, 2007
Birth control... DO YOU SPEAK IT?!
|

User Profile
liquidsnake wrote:
Birth control... DO YOU SPEAK IT?!

Yes, birth control is good. We got it. Thank you. Maybe you can say something else now.

But, unsurprisingly, most of the women on this particular forum...don't need it. Why? Well, probably because we're all already pregnant.
|

but I read about 14 year old girls wanting to get pregnant, that's just wrong.
|

User Profile
liquidsnake wrote:
but I read about 14 year old girls wanting to get pregnant, that's just wrong.

OK, and I agree.
But it seems that your answer for everything is birth control. When birth control only does so much.

And since, like I said, most of us are already pregnant, birth control is not going to do us any good now.

Also, since this is the Teen Pregnancy forum, quite a few of us were NOT on birth control.

So, grand and magical though BC is, we don't need an ad campaign for it.

Not trying to be rude, just explaining.
|

Experienced User
I think that it is great that you want a child but can you wait at least until you graduate high shcool? When I was 13 I wasn't thinking about having a child but everyone is different. When you get a chance to surf the Internet, just look at the price of baby necc. There is nothing like bringing a child into this world but it is much better when you as a mother can take care of that child. Smile Give yourself sometime to grow more and experience life.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...