Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

Pain In Armpit, Chest And Ribs?

i worked out last weekend and played basketball with some friends and strained and moved more that i usually do.

i've noticed within the last three to four days my upper chest and ribs on my left side(the side i use the least)aches a good bit. my left side aches from my chest ribs(side and under the left chest)almost up to my armpit.

i notice it hurts pretty bad when i'm standing and bend down or hunch over. Also it aches when i'm standing and take in a deep breath or laugh pretty hard.

if i am sitting or laying down, i can hardly notice anything but some mild aches in that region - and deep breaths in do not hurt either while laying or sitting comforatbly.

i'm under the impression that this pull or inflamed muscle(s)?

any advice would be greatly appreciated
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 27th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Yeah, sounds like a pulled muscle. Take a pain reliever during the day to lessen the pain, and wait a week or two for it to heal on its own. That's about all you can do. A stick-on heating pad like the ben-gay patches might help.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....