Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

Bipolar husband: How Do You Deal With the Stress?

User Profile
My husband is bipolar & we've been together for a total of 6 years (4 married). I'm somewhat used to my husband's mood swings & fear of voices and ideations, but it gets so stressful. I don't have anyone to whom I can talk & I feel so isolated. My husband is great, but I feel like I need some outside support too. Our local bipolar group is held in a church (I'm an atheist) & so I don't really know where to go from here. Thoughts?

BYD
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 26th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
if you ever jusy wanna talk feel free to PM me!!
|

User Profile
replied September 26th, 2007
Experienced User
I appreciate the offer. Thank you.
|

replied January 16th, 2009
GET IT RIGHT...
I understand that you are athiest but i don't understand why you can't go to the church support group? Just because you don't believe does not mean you should not go to get support! I don't know you but you do know someone created us all as beings right? I hope you can and will call to the lord about this. He will give you strength through your times of grief and pain. God bless you and i hope that you get this message and please do not take offense to it. I would like to see you in heaven even if i don't know you.
|

replied January 26th, 2009
Experienced User
You learn as much as you can about the disorder and what you can do to help get through the rough times. Theorpy is a great thing. Go together so you can share the fellings you have during a manic or depressive time.

Melissa
|
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....