Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

Vagus Nerve? alternating diarrhea / constipation

My 10 yr old daughter had been treated for constipation which has been an ongoing problem But, over the past month she has had other symptoms associated with it (constipation): alternating diarrhea/constipation, hiccup type stomach spasms, sensitive ears and jaw pain, stomach aches, and dizziness. She also complains of feeling hot even when she is in a cool room and has no fever. Her doctor continues to treat the constipation while disregarding her other symptoms. A nurse suggested the vagus nerve might be involved. Does anyone have a familiarity with this type of condition? She sees her doctor in a few days and I would like to share any ideas with him. I know the advice I receive on here does not take the place of medical care and so on... I am just looking for ideas.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 29th, 2010
is there a connect with vagus nerve disorder and bipolar II disorder

vagusbond
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....