I am looking for information on what might cause those levels to be so high. On my last blood test, my ast/sgot was 156 (with a range of 9-44 being normal), and my alt/sgpt was 238 (with a range of 0-28 being normal). Sad those are extremely high, aren't they? What might cause that to happen? I have thyroid cancer, but I doubt that has anything to do with it. I am also wondering if there is anything I can do to lower these levels.

Mychel
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper mychel
|

replied July 21st, 2009
My alt(sgpt) is 63 at the normal range for 10-40. 4 weeks ago it was 60. My total bilirubin was 0.9 at a range 0f 0.3-1.2, now is 1.3/ Is this normal or what should I look for?
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Hepatitis can lead to serious liver damage. We cover basics about liver anatomy and define hepatitis here. Plus info on the different types of hepatitis....
What are the major causes of Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C? Start here to learn what puts you at risk so that you can avoid the serious liver disease...
A list of the symptoms of each type of Hepatitis here. Plus, when you should seek medical attention for Hep signs and symptoms....