Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

18 years old, occasional pain in the heart, normal pulse !

For most of my life (only 1Cool every so often id get a pain in my heart. It usually goes away after about 5 minutes and only happens a few times every few months. It doesn't feel like a heart attack though, my pulse feels normal and my arm is just fine, no numbness. It will usually only hurt when I move my torso around slightly. Any ideas on what this is? Thanks in advance.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 3rd, 2010
it seems to be quite common around this age as I suffer the same, as do many more people between the ages of 17-24 (the majority of the time its women, but some men get it too). After extensive research I came to the conclusion that its just simple muscular spasms (imagine a twitch of the eye but in the heart), therese nothing to stop them, just a simple massage of the chest can help occasionally (of course if your female and in public it may be a little akward Razz )

If you get really worried I would check with your doctor just to elimanate the serious stuff like heart disease or a blockage, or if your family has a history of heart problems it may also be a good idea to get it checked out
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....