Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Hpt Test Negative But Going to Retest - Waiting Stinks!

Hi everyone! Don't worry this isn't a "Am I pregnant" post..... I'm a week late for my period. Last period was Aug. 19th. I took an hpt on Friday and it was negative. If I am pg, I'd be around 5 weeks and 2 days. Not really much in way of symptoms. I've been nauseous, been crampy, stomachy and every now and then my belly feels like it's doing flops or just odd sensations in the belly. Don't really have much of an appetite and when I do eat I feel sick. Some days there's a lot of discharge, sometimes not. Breasts aren't sore or bigger. My cycles are usually pretty regular. I can be late but haven't been this late since I was in my teens (I'm almost 30) I'm going to retest and the end of this week and if still negative, I'm going to follow up with with a blood test at my ob/gyn. Hubby and I weren't going to start trying until next year so I'm a bit nervous but would be happy and accepting either way.
I'll keep everyone posted!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 24th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
good luck and keep us updated!
|

replied September 27th, 2007
Just a quick update. I thought I started my period - it started off with just brown spotting on tissue paper. I've had just a very small amount of red blood. But since Monday, it hasn't really escalated passed the spotting stage - mostly small amounts on a pad - all brown and dark brown. Now it's mostly brown only when wiping. Definitely not like my other periods at all. So, not sure what's going on. I'm going to wait until Saturday to take another hpt. Saturday will be a full week since I tested negative. So, I'm either waiting for the flood gates to open or Saturday morning - which ever arrives first. lol I'll keep updates.
|

replied October 3rd, 2007
Hi everyone - just an update - I'm not pregnant. I had the most bizarre period though!!
When my husband's family found out that my hubby and I are going to start trying for a baby next year, a couple of people said, "oh no you need a house first and u have to wait longer than next year to start trying." Evil or Very Mad This was also said in front of strangers. Embarassed Crying or Very sad
Umm....correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it the sole decision of my husband and I when we start to have children? Since when is a house a pre-requisite for a child? I would think it more important that the child is wanted, loved, well cared for and has everything she/he needs. Geez, where is my head?!?! lol
|

replied October 3rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
BRIDE2B wrote:
Hi everyone - just an update - I'm not pregnant. I had the most bizarre period though!!
When my husband's family found out that my hubby and I are going to start trying for a baby next year, a couple of people said, "oh no you need a house first and u have to wait longer than next year to start trying." Evil or Very Mad This was also said in front of strangers. Embarassed Crying or Very sad
Umm....correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it the sole decision of my husband and I when we start to have children? Since when is a house a pre-requisite for a child? I would think it more important that the child is wanted, loved, well cared for and has everything she/he needs. Geez, where is my head?!?! lol

It seems everyone has an opinion on when, how and why a couple should have children. It seems most pointed when it comes from family.

It is up to you and your husband when you two decide to have a family.

Good luck!
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...