User Profile
ok my dilima is we are loosing everything it seems my dh job isnt having him work much so no good income and i only make so much he is thinking of applying for a new co. they told him today they wont hire him unless he talks to me and kids first... he will be gone for 2 weeks at a time then home for 2 days and then out again and so on that is the bad thing he wont be around if i need him for anything my family is close by so they will be here if needed but the kids are getting used to him being home at night he will have a really great package and pay tyhat we desperatly need. i am feeling a bit selfish by thinking that i do not want him to go but it would be a great opp for him. i would then be in charge of everything house- if anything breaks i have to fix it shopping not easy with 3 kids chores...wait i already do all of the chores and then some....all the kids functions
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad i just dont know in my heart i know he should do this what would you guys do??? please only positive remarks are needed as i am having a hard time with this i do suffer severe bouts of depression when i am alone alot as terra well knows ( thank you so much again for helping me thru those nights hun )
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 20th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
oh hun this is a tough decition
he could go and make enough money to support everyone but he would be gone all the time =(

how does he feel about this? what does he want to do

im so sorry
if you need me im here for ya
|

User Profile
Supporter
he doesnt like the idea of being gone from the kids that long he missed all the milestones from our 2 kids together plus he doent want to leave me either Crying or Very sad
|

Especially eHealthy
candita sky wrote:
he doesnt like the idea of being gone from the kids that long he missed all the milestones from our 2 kids together plus he doent want to leave me either Crying or Very sad

he needs to listen to his intuition and his heart
if he doesnt want to go then i dont think he should
are there any other job places hiring that he could apply at?
|

Especially eHealthy
maybe looking for another job that has the same good pay but not so long away from home?

maybe he could get a second job delivering pizza or something in the meantime while he looks for a better opportunity.
|

User Profile
Supporter
not poss he is otr now as is and is home maybe 4 out of 7 nights so 2nd job is a no and not to many are hiring at a good pay for what he does most only wanna pay .30 cents a mile and he is making .38-.40 now so the new one is like .42-.48 so it would be a great op so i jdk we desp need the$$$ big time so this would be great im just not sure how i will handle everything and both my jobs and the kids schedule Crying or Very sad
|

Especially eHealthy
candita sky wrote:
not poss he is otr now as is and is home maybe 4 out of 7 nights so 2nd job is a no and not to many are hiring at a good pay for what he does most only wanna pay .30 cents a mile and he is making .38-.40 now so the new one is like .42-.48 so it would be a great op so i jdk we desp need the$$$ big time so this would be great im just not sure how i will handle everything and both my jobs and the kids schedule Crying or Very sad

i hope everything works out
what kind of job does he have right now?
|

Especially eHealthy
sweetie if you feel you cant do it dont jeopardize your sanity or health for a few extra dollars.

has he looked into driving for star? Or walmart? those are two big companies in central illinois. my brother in law worked for both.
|

User Profile
replied September 21st, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I dont think he should be away for that long. But if thats your only option financially, what else can you do about it? Could he get a different job, maybe worse pay but closer to home?
|

Extremely eHealthy
Maybe he could take the job but still continue looking for something closer to home. That way, you both know it's only a temporary thing so it won't seem so bleak and you get the extra money too.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Jules wrote:
Maybe he could take the job but still continue looking for something closer to home. That way, you both know it's only a temporary thing so it won't seem so bleak and you get the extra money too.

I think this is great advise
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
rainfire1424 wrote:
sweetie if you feel you cant do it dont jeopardize your sanity or health for a few extra dollars.

I agree! The benifits have to outway the disadvantages. And if one of those disadvantages is your mental/emotional health, money isn't worth it.

Would his current job take him back? Say, you guys give this a go, and it's just to much for you. Would he be able to go back to his current job?

Honestly, it sounds like it would be hard. But, you are a very stong person (much stronger then you give yourself credit for) and I think you are fully capable of doing whatever it is you decide is best for your family.

Regardless, we are always here for you, so at least you will have a good support system.

Would his new salary allow room for an 'as needed' handyman?
|

Supporter
I think the person who said take the job while looking for something closer is a great idea. My mohter inlaw and her husband who is a long distance trucker where he used to be gone for several weeks at a time now has a job where he is home every week end for 1 or 2 nights the gone again. But this is better than what it was before. I guess what I am trying to say is to suport your family you may have to live like this for a while hopefully you can talk often and that will make it not so hard. I have a friend that her husband leaves in the spring for work in Alberta then comes home in november He does not have a choice if he wants to support his family their family is 6 children mom,dad, and a grandma in her 90's but they manage and they do this by remembering there love for eachother and that this is only for a short while as there are very little good paying jobs in St.Johns NFLD. People who do get those jobs tend to stay in them until they retire. unless you want to go on some of the ships but even that is more time away form home. I do have One other suggestion you may try is praying about it ask God where he wants your husband to work and where he wants your family to be. With this job is there any chance you could move to whee he is going to work?
I will pray for you and which direction your family should take.
taykare
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...