Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Arthritis Forum

London Marathon - Help Needed...

On behalf of my dad, an as sufferer...

"being a as sufferer, and osto as well, for 20 + years now, I am now having to have a hip replacement in the next month. The reason for this posting is to ask if any members of ehealth, would be so kind in sponsoring my son james on his london marathon run in april this year. He is running for arc charity, arc does so much good work with all types of arthritis here in the uk.

If any one would like to sponsor james on his run the web site which people can either make a donation or pledge is as below so far he has managed over �2,200 with a target of �3000, but more if sponsors come forward..

many thanks,

jim
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 25th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I'll take at look at your site-bear in mind that many ehealth members are not from the uk-theyre mainly australia,america & canada as far as ive found so they wont be able to donate
best wishes with it all though-its for a good cause
|

replied March 25th, 2004
Thanks for your reply. I have had a few friends and family post donations from australia, as just giving allows credit/debit card donations. I assume it converts it to local currency.

Anyway... Thank you for your support.

My dad would love to be in the warmer weather, good for the back i'm told, however, i'm sure overseas members will be happy to give a few us, canadian and ozzie dimes, dollars and cents in the name of charity.

26 miles and 385 yards is a long way....
|

replied March 25th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
It is a long way-he's a brave man!
Its good that u can do credit card donations too.
Your poor dda is gonna have 2 suffer the weather we're been given! I dunno about london but birmingham cant decided whether its sunny or frezzing or hailing.Hope its not too bad-im going there on monday.Anyways,im going on a bit so bye and good luck
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....