Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

10 Weeks Pregnant With An Ovarian Cyst

Please help if you know anything about having an ovarian cyst & how dangerous is it having it while being pregnant ???????????? Will my unborn baby have problems????????????

When I was 5wks PREG. I was rushed to the ER I was getting sharp pain on my belly. I was told @ 5wks pregnant that I had an ovarian cyst on my left ovary Sad
They told me that it was just the ovarian cyst that it's very small ;(

I am now 10 wks pregnant I have an appointment this FRIDAY with my GYN doc.

I'm just trying to get some information on what type of pain is normal... last night I couldn't sleep it feels like a strong HEART BEAT just beating all the time I feel very uncomfortable & sometimes I get sharp pain...

Has anyone ever felt like this or know somebody that had feeling like this...

I keep having dreams that my unborn child is going 2 have some type of problems

I'm very scared please help!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 19th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I was told I had an ovarian cyst when I was pregnant too - apparently they're not uncommon. They will not cause any problems with your pregnancy unless they are very large and burst/twist. It doesn't sound like that's the case with you but it's good that you're being monitored since you're having pain. Sometimes, ovarian cysts have to be removed if they are dangerously large but most just disappear on their own. Having a cyst won't affect your baby but obviously if it is very large and bursts then that won't be good for the baby. Doctors would want to remove it before it got to that stage; the risks then are the usual ones associated with general anaesthesia and pregnancy.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I was told I had a cyst as well when I went for my first ultrasound at almost 10 weeks. Mine was 24 mm in size and he said that it would probably just resolve on its own. I go in for my 20 week ultrasound tomorrow so I will find out if it's still there or if it's gone. Cysts do hurt sometimes no matter how small they are. I had a bunch back in February that I went to the ER for but they resolved on their own as well. To put your mind at ease I would ask the doc for an ultrasound just to check the size of the cyst and make sure it's not too big.
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
It's very common for a corpus luteum cyst to form on the ovary you ovulated from to help with hormone production until the placenta takes over. I had the ovary pains too and suspect I had the cyst as well though I didn't have a detailed ultrasound of the ovary done. I think my cyst resolved itself around 12 weeks; I had some very sharp pains in the ovary area then and nothing since then. My sister got the corpus luteum cyst both times she was pregnant too.
|

replied September 22nd, 2007
I Went to the Doc. Yesturday (sep. 21)
My gyn dr. told me that I have an cystic fibrosis on my left ovaries she also said that the cystic is very small 1 cm. Smile

I'm trying not to worried but in the back of my mind I'm still thinking about it, maybe I need to see a new GYN DR.

I'm still feeling something in my belly it feels like a heart beat that's always beating I feel it a lot when I'm trying to fall asleep Sad

My Dr. said not 2 worry but I cant help it cause this is my 2nd pregnancy & I never felt this way Crying or Very sad
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
It's normal to feel your pulse down there. This has nothing to do with the cyst. I am 20 weeks pregnant and I can literally place my hand anywhere on my belly and feel my pulse. There's a lot of blood flowing down there. The cyst is very small which is good. The cyst I had at 9.5 weeks was 2 and a half times as big as yours. I just had my second ultrasound and it was gone. Like cln said, it is normal to get a corpus luteum cyst during early pregnancy. It's what produces many of the needed hormones until your placenta begins to function. Your placenta should begin to function soon and in effect the cyst will probably begin to shrink. Just quit worrying about this very tiny thing. Every woman has a cyst at some point in her life. Heck back in February I had a lot of them on both of my ovaries and I'm still ok. I'll keep you in my prayers though that you find some peace.
|

Especially eHealthy
Re: I Went to the Doc. Yesturday (sep. 21)
msladiijay wrote:
My gyn dr. told me that I have an cystic fibrosis on my left ovaries she also said that the cystic is very small 1 cm. Smile

I'm trying not to worried but in the back of my mind I'm still thinking about it, maybe I need to see a new GYN DR.

I'm still feeling something in my belly it feels like a heart beat that's always beating I feel it a lot when I'm trying to fall asleep Sad

My Dr. said not 2 worry but I cant help it cause this is my 2nd pregnancy & I never felt this way Crying or Very sad

Do you have a ruler? Take it out and look at what 1cm looks like.

Are you SURE your doctor said CYSTIC FIBROSIS? Because I don't think that was it. This is a definition of cystic fibrosis:

cystic fibrosis
NOUN:
Abbr. CF
A hereditary disease of the exocrine glands, usually developing during early childhood and affecting mainly the pancreas, respiratory system, and sweat glands. It is characterized by the production of abnormally viscous mucus by the affected glands, usually resulting in chronic respiratory infections and impaired pancreatic function. Also called mucoviscidosis .

That doesn't sound anything at all like an ovarian cyst. Which are common, by the way, and can resolve (disappear) on their own. The heart beat you are feeling is your own, due to being pregnant you have increased blood volume. This is also normal.

Relax. Cysts are not harmful to pregnancy at all.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
He might have said a fibroid cyst. Does that sound familiar?
|

replied September 26th, 2007
my friend has one as well... she is 8 weeks pregnant and they told her she will be fine and so will here baby... dont worry!
|

replied September 27th, 2007
Wednesday night my stomach was hurting really bad that I thought I was having a miscarriage but I didn't see any blood & things like this gets me really worried about my baby... I pray to god that I have a normal child...
I'm a single pregnant mom as of Tuesday when my boyfriend of 9months told me he doesnt want 2 be with me cause I'm having this child & he's not ready 4 a baby
;( I'm a little depressed!
|

replied September 28th, 2007
Most Diplomatic Poster
I had to have surgery to remove a gigantic cyst 20 times bigger than yours when I was 22 weeks and my baby is fine. She is bright and healthy and developing very well. She was 9 lb. 11 oz. when she was born and has gained 4 pounds in 7.5 weeks. Try not to worry too much, just do your best to stay healthy and enjoy your pregnancy.
|

replied September 28th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I hope all goes well with this pregnancy. For you physically and emotionally!!

kaerbear wrote:
I had to have surgery to remove a gigantic cyst 20 times bigger than yours when I was 22 weeks and my baby is fine. She is bright and healthy and developing very well. She was 9 lb. 11 oz. when she was born and has gained 4 pounds in 7.5 weeks. Try not to worry too much, just do your best to stay healthy and enjoy your pregnancy.

HEY!!!! I'm glad to hear all is going well with you & baby!!!

Sarah
|

replied November 13th, 2008
hi
i want to leave you girls this message, to tell you my story about my cyst
When i was pregnant , went for my first ultrasound i was so happy that i was having a girl. I when i went back to see my doctor he told me that i have a cyst on my right ovarian that was 10 cm, and not to worry, so that's what i did. Then the time came for my second ultrasound and no one told me anything thing about the cyst , until i got a call from the hospital and they told me that i have to go in, so i did. when i got there another doctor told me that my cyst was 22 cm and i have to have a emergency c-section cause it was covering my cervix and bent it bit i didn't know what to do, i was shock.. so on July 10, 2007 i had the c-section i had my cyst and the baby come out on the same day...
And no for the hole time i didn't feel any pain but that it looked like i was having twins, but after wards i did for 6 months...

And now i am having a second baby , i was hoping to have a natural birth , until i found out that have another cyst on my left ovarian ... I don't know whats going on now i am going to find out on Friday November 14,2008
|

replied June 29th, 2009
Reply to posts
For the single mother who was just left and the cyst worried woman. Well I have a 2 year old daughter I was married when we concieved her and my husband of 5 years decided to bail after the stick turned blue. I thought it was an end to life as I knew it and in a way it was but another full wonderful chapter opend up after having my daughter. I went through the pregnancy and delivery alone it sucks but trust me stay strong and you will see how worth it it is. My daughter is happy and healthy and OMG smart. Her father doesn't come around. I thought whos gonna love me or want me I have a kid and I'm divorced at 24 but I kept positive and I am with actually a high school sweetheart now and we are expecting a baby in feb. He is wonderful with my daughter. So keep positive hun things will work out. As far as the cyst I have had them since i got my period at 14 they are painful but they are not a threat. I actually am 8 weeks along and had sever pain and I found out its a cyst. It's not large but not small but it will go away on it's own. Everyone on here is right and I'm in the same boat as you hun 8 weeks along in my 2nd pregnancy. Don't be scared you will be ok unless you keep stressing out. That WILL harm your unborn child and yourself by driving up your blood pressure. Your doc went to medical school and has many patients besides you listen to them they are there to help not hurt.
|

User Profile
replied June 29th, 2009
I had a cyst the size of a grapefruit on my right ovary that had twisted and cut circulation off to the ovary so I had to have surgery while I was 2 months pregnant to remove my right ovary..afterwards they gave me hormone shots to help the baby grow..she is now 10 yrs old and doing fine.
|

replied January 24th, 2012
I have a cyst on my ovary that is a size of a grapefruit and I am worried if it does burst will it affect my unborn child in anyway?
|

replied March 11th, 2013
ovarian cyst & pregnancy
i have tow simple cyst on my left ovary about 36-37.6mm...what do you advise for me ?its dangerous or not? my un born baby die or not?
|

replied March 11th, 2013
ovarian cyst & pregnancy
i am pregnant &i have tow simple cyst on my left ovary about 36-37.6mm...what do you advise for me ?its dangerous or not? my un born baby die or not?
|
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....