Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

Is This a Symptom of Colon Cancer Or Any Others Diseases??

I have a problem where i start to bleed after I defecate... Sometimes there are a little blood coming out, but somtimes the blood will only seen when i go for toilet after that. It is bright red blood and it is just a little bit of blood coming out. It really scared me off... Is this a serious problem?? What can I do... Please help me... thanks...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 18th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Is This a Symptom of Colon Cancer Or Any Others Diseases
Applemint wrote:
I have a problem where i start to bleed after I defecate... Sometimes there are a little blood coming out, but somtimes the blood will only seen when i go for toilet after that. It is bright red blood and it is just a little bit of blood coming out. It really scared me off... Is this a serious problem?? What can I do... Please help me... thanks...


you should go to the Doc, But chances are it is nothing more than a hemorrhoid. Bright red blood usually is a hemorrhoid. But please go to the Doc and find out and it will give you peace of mine.. If it is cancer or something else you will have caught it early. But don’t be afraid to go.. I think it really is just an internal hemorrhoid..
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 19th, 2007
Re: Is This a Symptom of Colon Cancer Or Any Others Diseases
meblonde01 wrote:
Applemint wrote:
I have a problem where i start to bleed after I defecate... Sometimes there are a little blood coming out, but somtimes the blood will only seen when i go for toilet after that. It is bright red blood and it is just a little bit of blood coming out. It really scared me off... Is this a serious problem?? What can I do... Please help me... thanks...


you should go to the Doc, But chances are it is nothing more than a hemorrhoid. Bright red blood usually is a hemorrhoid. But please go to the Doc and find out and it will give you peace of mine.. If it is cancer or something else you will have caught it early. But don’t be afraid to go.. I think it really is just an internal hemorrhoid..


may i know what is a hemorrhoid and what should I do to avoid bleeding... thanks...
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 5th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Hi!
I agree with the previous user that you're probably having hemorrhoids( condition in which the veins around the anus or lower rectum are swollen and inflamed.)
Do you have chronic constipation or diarrhea? Are you straining to move stool?
I guess you are having internal hemorrhoids (changed veins inside the anus) The most common symptom of internal hemorrhoids is bright red blood covering the stool, on toilet paper, or in the toilet bowl. In most cases, hemorrhoidal symptoms will go away within a few days. To avoid recurrence, keep stools soft (increase fiber and fluids in your diet), eliminate straining and don't delay the defecation after the urge has occurred. To relive the symptoms you can also use a hemorrhoidal cream or suppository. If your symptoms don't go away in few days, you should seek medical attention.
Also, you need to be aware of possibility that internal hemorrhoids may protrude through the anus outside the body and become irritated and painful.


Constipation,thin stool, stomach cramps, bright red blood in your stool, unexplained weight loss, sense of fullness, nausea and vomiting, gas and bloating, feeling extremely tired are symptoms of colon cancer and I don't think you're having it.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 5th, 2007
Go to Cokon Rectal Dr
My family Dr treated me for months for hemmorids. Until, I could not insert nthe suppositorroes he gave me. it felt like I was hitting rock. I went and it was annal cancer. Thank God!! i had a colonoscopy 3 year ago they said they could nhave missed it because it was right at the end where they go in na dthey don't lootoo close there they look further up, so please gdon't play around with hemmorids when it could be cancer. I was blessed I took chemo and radiation and am cancer free now===Praise God.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 28th, 2007
i did have constipation about 1 week. i cant go deficate and i was stomach pain for 1 day only...now when i defecate i feel pain..




MandMs wrote:
Hi!
I agree with the previous user that you're probably having hemorrhoids( condition in which the veins around the anus or lower rectum are swollen and inflamed.)
Do you have chronic constipation or diarrhea? Are you straining to move stool?
I guess you are having internal hemorrhoids (changed veins inside the anus) The most common symptom of internal hemorrhoids is bright red blood covering the stool, on toilet paper, or in the toilet bowl. In most cases, hemorrhoidal symptoms will go away within a few days. To avoid recurrence, keep stools soft (increase fiber and fluids in your diet), eliminate straining and don't delay the defecation after the urge has occurred. To relive the symptoms you can also use a hemorrhoidal cream or suppository. If your symptoms don't go away in few days, you should seek medical attention.
Also, you need to be aware of possibility that internal hemorrhoids may protrude through the anus outside the body and become irritated and painful.


Constipation,thin stool, stomach cramps, bright red blood in your stool, unexplained weight loss, sense of fullness, nausea and vomiting, gas and bloating, feeling extremely tired are symptoms of colon cancer and I don't think you're having it.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 29th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
For how long you are having constipation?
Do you take enough fiber (fruits, vegetables,whole grain breads) and water every day?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 29th, 2007
less than one week
now i defecate also hard and it was pain...
now i ate some papaya or banana everyday
i dont think i have enough fiber
but i am trying to drink as many water as possible

MandMs wrote:
For how long you are having constipation?
Do you take enough fiber (fruits, vegetables,whole grain breads) and water every day?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 7th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
How are you?
Are you constipated still?
Do you find bright red blood on a toilet paper?
Have you thought of visiting your doctor?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 7th, 2007
hi
I'm still as usual... ya...
Its still bleeding... now I keep want go to toilet but the problem is I feel pain on my anus. I think is my skin on that part injured. I think is not constipation problem already...
what should I do??
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 7th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Applemint wrote:
hi
I'm still as usual... ya...
Its still bleeding... now I keep want go to toilet but the problem is I feel pain on my anus. I think is my skin on that part injured. I think is not constipation problem already...
what should I do??


It's been a month sence your first post. Have you been to the Doc yet? That is what you need to do!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 7th, 2007
I cant go to see doctor now as my big exam is around the corner.. Now i'm trying to eat as many fruits and drink as many water as possible...
I dont know what happen but my stomach is getting bigger....

meblonde01 wrote:
Applemint wrote:
hi
I'm still as usual... ya...
Its still bleeding... now I keep want go to toilet but the problem is I feel pain on my anus. I think is my skin on that part injured. I think is not constipation problem already...
what should I do??


It's been a month sence your first post. Have you been to the Doc yet? That is what you need to do!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 7th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Applemint wrote:
I cant go to see doctor now as my big exam is around the corner.. Now i'm trying to eat as many fruits and drink as many water as possible...
I dont know what happen but my stomach is getting bigger....

meblonde01 wrote:
Applemint wrote:
hi
I'm still as usual... ya...
Its still bleeding... now I keep want go to toilet but the problem is I feel pain on my anus. I think is my skin on that part injured. I think is not constipation problem already...
what should I do??


It's been a month sence your first post. Have you been to the Doc yet? That is what you need to do!


you health is more important than excams.. You need to go to the Doc. There isn't any advice in here that will give you a clean bill of health.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Do you have gases and feel bloated?
You can experience bigger stomach because of constipation and because of increased fiber intake.
You should increase the fiber in your diet slowly. If you increase your fiber intake too quickly, you may experience bloating and gases. Gas and bloating usually improve as you get used to eating more fiber. The best way to increase your fiber intake is eat a wide variety of high fiber foods.

I think it'll be better for you to visit your GP and have a rectal digital exam.
It won't take you hours and it'll ease your mind.
That way you'll be more capable to study for your big exam.

Thinking of you!
Take care and take some action!
Marija
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 14th, 2007
i did experienced a bigger stomach.
but nowadays my defication is smooth and there is no more pain or even blood already
i go to toilet everyday now and i keep on taking fibre nowadays

MandMs wrote:
Do you have gases and feel bloated?
You can experience bigger stomach because of constipation and because of increased fiber intake.
You should increase the fiber in your diet slowly. If you increase your fiber intake too quickly, you may experience bloating and gases. Gas and bloating usually improve as you get used to eating more fiber. The best way to increase your fiber intake is eat a wide variety of high fiber foods.

I think it'll better for you to visit your GP and have a rectal digital exam.
It won't take you hours and it'll ease your mind.
That way you'll be more capable to study for your big exam.

Thinking of you!
Take care and take some action!
Marija
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 19th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I'm happy that your symptoms have subsided.
I guess you had typical hemorrhoid problems and in future you'll need to pay attention on your food and water intake.
Be aware that there is a chance to develop the same problem later, so if you experience it again, please ask for medical attention.

Best wishes!
Marija
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 24th, 2007
thank you very much ^.^


MandMs wrote:
I'm happy that your symptoms have subsided.
I guess you had typical hemorrhoid problems and in future you'll need to pay attention on your food and water intake.
Be aware that there is a chance to develop the same problem later, so if you experience it again, please ask for medical attention.

Best wishes!
Marija
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 28th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
You are welcome anytime!
It was my pleasure to support and help you.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 28th, 2007
hehe~
thanks ^^

MandMs wrote:
You are welcome anytime!
It was my pleasure to support and help you.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied January 24th, 2008
Consequences of low fiber diet
So all this pain was from simple constipation, which was caused by improper diet. Applemint is probably young... as she reports that she's immersed in important school examinations... and she probably eats a lot of high-energy "junk" food... typical habit of harried young people. This is a prescription for constipation.

Applemint mentioned she was eating bananas, probably in reaction to advice to eat fruits and veggies. I did that, and drank apple juice, for the same reason. This did not help my constipation, years ago. Then when I married and became a father, my wife brought up the subject of the "BRAT" diet, to abate runny stools in kids. That acronym stands for BANANA, RICE, APPLES, and TOAST. These items, therefore, counteract and do not support one's wish to abate constipation.

So not all fruits are created equal, in this regard.

Once again, I am encouraging young people, in particular, to wise up on this subject which warrants conversation among old people, but, unfortunately, not young people.

In a word, constipation is DIETARY, and there must be plenty of it going undiscussed, thanks to all the junk food that young people eat.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....