Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Alzheimer Disease Forum

Alzheimer Disease Symptoms Question !

My mother has alzheimer. My sister went to visit and my mother's mouth was droopy and speech slurred. She called the doctor and the doctor said it was probably part of her alzheimer and for my mother to take an aspirin and someone watch her for the next 24 hours. Are these symptoms of Alzheimer?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 5th, 2007
My Gran also suffers with Alzheimers. She had this condition also where one side of her face dropped, they diagnosed it as bell's Palsy.
|

replied March 29th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Hmmmm
Yes, helen is right. But, they are also symptoms of a stroke or mini stroke. "TIA's"
But also yes, that is classic symtom of "Bell's Palsy. Did she ever get a true diagnosis on it? I would like to know also.

Thanks,
Carrie
|

replied July 7th, 2010
Re: Hmmmm
CarolDiane wrote:
Yes, helen is right. But, they are also symptoms of a stroke or mini stroke. "TIA's"
But also yes, that is classic symtom of "Bell's Palsy. Did she ever get a true diagnosis on it? I would like to know also.

Thanks,
Carrie

Yes why Not??? looking
|
Must Read
Alzheimer's disease is a brain disorder that causes dementia. But what causes Alzheimers? What signs can you look for?...
Learn the most common signs and symptoms of the onset of Alzheimer Disease. We also discuss symptoms of dementia so you can know when to seek help. ...
Doctors can help determine the cause of memory loss or symptoms associated with Alzheimers. We outline the diagnostic protocol for AD and exams that are needed....