Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Unexplained Vomiting And Diarrhea

i have had this problem for the last 9 months. It usually happens on a wednesday or thursday, between 1-4am and lasts about 2-5 hours. I wake up profusely sweating and have a migraine headache. My body will start to shake uncontrollably, especially my arms and legs and start to have diarrhea and violent vomiting. I have seen my dr and she doesnt think it is a big deal since its so sporadic. she gave me tramadol and anti-nausea drug but since i dont know when it is going to happen its a total crap shoot to get that right. I cant take it when my symptoms start because i cant keep it down. has this ever happened to anyone? I am at the end of my rope. Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 13th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Unexplained Vomiting And Diarrhea
miketrace wrote:
i have had this problem for the last 9 months. It usually happens on a wednesday or thursday, between 1-4am and lasts about 2-5 hours. I wake up profusely sweating and have a migraine headache. My body will start to shake uncontrollably, especially my arms and legs and start to have diarrhea and violent vomiting. I have seen my dr and she doesnt think it is a big deal since its so sporadic. she gave me tramadol and anti-nausea drug but since i dont know when it is going to happen its a total crap shoot to get that right. I cant take it when my symptoms start because i cant keep it down. has this ever happened to anyone? I am at the end of my rope. Sad

It sounds like it might be related to something you are doing if it usually happens on a Wednesday or a Thursday between 1-4am.
|

replied September 3rd, 2009
I have the same problem, only mine occurs on Tuesdays. I am going to a gastric dr. next Friday. Hopefully he can pinpoint the problem.
|

replied September 3rd, 2009
sporadic vomiting
I have this problem like clockwork every Tuesday nite. It seems it's getting worse. this last time it was accompanied by heavy duty diarrhea and a fever of 101.1. If any body has the same problem that's been diagnosed, I would sure like to hear about it.
|

replied August 28th, 2010
I've had this happen to me on three separate occasions over the last year--all different days, times of day, and no link whatsoever in foods. It lasts almost exactly ONE hour each time. Any ideas?
|
Must Read
Basic facts on diarrhea here, including the difference between acute and chronic diarrhea. Learn to identify each....
What causes diarrhea? We outline the most common causes of diarrhea (viruses, bacteria, and medications) and let you know when to seek medical help....
Learn how to prepare yourself when seeing a doctor for diarrhea. Know which medical exams and tests to expect, and also which questions to ask. Start here....