User Profile
Okay, so! Yesterday, I found out that one of my good friends is pregnant. She was hinting at it all week, and yesterday I finally put 2 and 2 together, and text messaged her and asked her if she was, and she told me "yes, but dont tell anyone"

then I asked her how far along she thought she was, and she said "between 5 and 6 months" she hasn't had a doctors appointment yet, and she hasn't been taking vitamins. So I told her I'd go to the store and buy her some, and she has a doctors appointment tomorrow.

She also hasn't told her dad yet, so I'm going to talk to my mom and ask her if she can come stay here. She works 2 jobs, and goes to school and is a senior in highschool and will be graduating this year.

I just really want to help her. I've been thinking that I want to work with pregnant women/babies for a long time now, and this is my chance, and it's my chance to help someone that I care about.

& yes she knows it was stupid not to go to the doctor sooner, I've been over that one with her, but she's going tomorrow finally.

I'd just like to know some things I could do to help her. Probably help her get on wic even though I have no idea how to do that myself, which is another reason why I'm asking. I have ideas on how to help her, I just don't know how to go about doing it lol

hoping for ideasss please =)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
You are so sweet Terra!
Well, you are being a big help by offering your place to her if it's ok with your mom.
To sign up for WIC, you just go to their office, or call and they will give you a list of things she will need to bring in. That will determine if she qualifies or not, and I'm pretty sure she will since she is not married and in school. Good luck!
|

User Profile
replied September 13th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Could you help her with babysitting the baby or arranging a daycare or something, because if its due around December and she doesnt graduate until next june, she'll need to have a plan for how shes going to manage that.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Does she know for a fact that is how far along she is? Maybe she is just guessing. I find it hard to believe that someone would put that off so long. But, I guess it's possible.

I think you are such an amazing person and friend. Anyone fortunate enough to call you a friend is a lucky person. How do you think your mom will feel? Or have you already asked her?

Does she think that her parents will react by kicking her out?
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
well she invited me to go to the doctor with her today, and then during class she texted me and said she wasnt going to go because she was scared. i told her that just because she didnt go to the doctor didnt mean it'd go away, that she needed to go for her baby. well i called her now that im out of school and she didn't answer. im frustrated Sad

and thank you very much!!! Smile
|

Especially eHealthy
HcoBrunette06 wrote:
well she invited me to go to the doctor with her today, and then during class she texted me and said she wasnt going to go because she was scared. i told her that just because she didnt go to the doctor didnt mean it'd go away, that she needed to go for her baby. well i called her now that im out of school and she didn't answer. im frustrated Sad

and thank you very much!!! Smile

How did she get a doctor's appointment so quickly?

Do you think she is being honest?
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
she had already had a doctors appointment before she told me she was pregnant, but yeah i think she's being honest. she's gained weight and i can tell that she's pregnant, but shes wearing baggy clothes to try to hide it from everyone else. i believe her, im just frustrated because i want to help her and i know she needs to go to the doctor and she isn't Sad
|

Especially eHealthy
yeah your right she needs to see a doctor
im not sure about wic and stuff but i do know there are lots of places that will help with baby chlothes and stuff.?
|

Especially eHealthy
HcoBrunette06 wrote:
she had already had a doctors appointment before she told me she was pregnant, but yeah i think she's being honest. she's gained weight and i can tell that she's pregnant, but shes wearing baggy clothes to try to hide it from everyone else. i believe her, im just frustrated because i want to help her and i know she needs to go to the doctor and she isn't Sad

Maybe you could just show up at her house. She obviously needs someone to drag her to the doctor if she isn't doing it herself.

There is a young teenage girl from the town I live in who hid her pregnancy and delivered her baby in the bathroom in the middle of the night all by herself. She wrapped the baby in a towel and hid it in the woods. The baby died and she was at fault and had to go to jail.

Somehow her family didn't even know she was pregnant, but all her friends did. She never had any medical care and her life was ruined because of this. It was very sad.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Well, she just texted me and said

28 weeks 2 days
due date is December 4th
it's a GIRL (like I told her yesterday haha)
& shes 2 pounds 7 ounces

i'm so happy that she went!!!
|

Especially eHealthy
HcoBrunette06 wrote:

28 weeks 2 days
due date is December 4th
& shes 2 pounds 7 ounces

Good. Yay!
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Smile

& now we can work on talking to my mom about her moving in, if so I'll be changing bedrooms & she'll have mine now, because the spare is really small. it's really exciting to think about this.

I just have a feeling she is going to be kicked out, her dad kicked her out when he found out she was dating a black guy, i dont know how he'll react when he finds out that shes not only pregnant, but almost 30 weeks pregnant with a black boys baby. (i have nothing against it, but he does)
|

Especially eHealthy
HcoBrunette06 wrote:
Smile

& now we can work on talking to my mom about her moving in, if so I'll be changing bedrooms & she'll have mine now, because the spare is really small. it's really exciting to think about this.

I just have a feeling she is going to be kicked out, her dad kicked her out when he found out she was dating a black guy, i dont know how he'll react when he finds out that shes not only pregnant, but almost 30 weeks pregnant with a black boys baby. (i have nothing against it, but he does)

terra

im glad she went to the dr!!!! and this is really what you should do with the rest of your life and help girls and pregnant women who need help! sounds like youd be good at it!!!!!
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I would love to! Smile

another thing though, just my personal opinion, i'm not going to interfere with this, but her boyfriend needs a real butt kicking. he told me today, that even if he didnt have to work today, he wouldnt have gone to the doctor with her because he'd rather stay home and sleep. she told me he's mad that she's pregnant because he's not ready and he wants to go to college, and that he blows all of his money and doesn't give her any to save, even though she's got 2 jobs saving for her.

Evil or Very Mad
he's in lots of my classes, super immature.
|

Especially eHealthy
HcoBrunette06 wrote:
I would love to! Smile

another thing though, just my personal opinion, i'm not going to interfere with this, but her boyfriend needs a real butt kicking. he told me today, that even if he didnt have to work today, he wouldnt have gone to the doctor with her because he'd rather stay home and sleep. she told me he's mad that she's pregnant because he's not ready and he wants to go to college, and that he blows all of his money and doesn't give her any to save, even though she's got 2 jobs saving for her.

Evil or Very Mad

uhoh
well she doesnt need him in her life

hopefully you guys can get her on wic and stuff!!! gges shes 28 weeks pregnant! shes due just before me! tell her congrats!

and if she needs any help with like baby clothes and stuff then i can send her a bunch. ive got wayy too much stuff for kristen already. id be happy to send anything extra i have to her if she needs it!
|

Extremely eHealthy
as far as wic goes here in NC you apply at their office and here their offices are inside the health departments. Also she should go and apply at the department od social services for Pregnancy Medicaid. They'll pay for the pregnancy and prenatal care. Usually to apply for medicaid you need to take the last months total income via check stubs, verification of address, birth certificate, and any health insurance info. and as far a wic goes you need the same things minus the birth certificate. Where I live you can't make over I think $800 a month in order to be eligible for either one. Good luck!!!!
|

Especially eHealthy
HcoBrunette06 wrote:
I would love to! Smile

Evil or Very Mad

Tell him his choice not to get pregnant should have been made months ago.

She needs to get some insurance (medicaid). She can go to the local DSHS office with her birth certificate and social security card. They can tell her what programs she qualifies for. The local health department will have information on WIC.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
thanks guys! & wow, thanks gf! that's really sweet of you.

she just came by and dropped off her prenatals, and showed me her sonogram, it's totally real. they're telling her dad this weekend. thanks for all the help!!! Smile
|

Especially eHealthy
HcoBrunette06 wrote:

28 weeks 2 days
due date is December 4th
& shes 2 pounds 7 ounces

ya bout cried reading this! im such a sap for babies. She def. needs to take him to court for child support. even if hes not 18 his parents have to help him pay something until he turns 18. Terra tell her congrats and she can do it! and you just b there for her like the good friend u r.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Terra, you are the nicest person! You would make a great social worker. You are giving up your room to someone so their life is better. I wish I had a friend like you when I was in school.....or now for that matter. LOL

Sounds like she's right on target for weight for the baby. How exciting.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...