Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Miscarriage and Stillbirth Forum

Too Late For Blood Test to Determine Miscarriage??

Hi Smile I think I miscarried three nights ago. Sad IF I was pregnant, and did miscarry, how long after would a blood test know for sure? I made an appointment for tomorrow, but that would be 4 days later. Is that too late? ...Especially being only a week prego, could anything actually show in my blood that I was? thanks!!
To:
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Here is the deal =)

You are never one or 2 weeks pregnant 'medically'.

Right when you miss your period, you are already considered 4 weeks pregnant.

The reason is because we cannot know when you concieve, but we can know when you had your last period.

IF you were infact actually pregnant, a urine and blood pregnancy test would show positive for at least 2 weeks.
|

thankyou for replying Smile -- I knew when I concieved, and my peroid wasn't due quite yet. I thought there may not being enough hcg levels that early, therefore making a home prego test negative? I started bleeding a day before my period was due ( which doesnt say much) and then the next night is when all the things happened thinking I had miscarried. That is why I was curious if a blood test would show that I was...since the home test was neg. thanks!! Smile
|

Extremely eHealthy
Did you ever get a positive home pregnancy test?
|

only negative result......
|

replied September 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Then how did you ever know if you were pregnant in the first place?

What happened that made you think that you were having a miscarriage?
|

Extremely eHealthy
Micah Leah wrote:
I started bleeding a day before my period was due ( which doesnt say much) and then the next night is when all the things happened thinking I had miscarried. That is why I was curious if a blood test would show that I was...since the home test was neg. thanks!! Smile

It sounds as though your period may have just come a day early but, as cairfairy said a pregnancy test will show positive after a miscarriage if that is what it was.
|

thankyou....star, that is what I was asking, IF i was prego, would I know if the hcg levels werent high enough...( you know how you cant test until your period is due ) anyways, Im thinking now it is more cyst related. Im going in today and talking with the doctor. Smile
|