Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Pain in my upper abdomen when I'm peeing!

Hello,

I am 20 years old and I am a college student. I don't sleep right during the week. There are atleast 3 days during the week I only get 4 hours of sleep. Really bad, I know.. but I can't help it. Anyway, here is my problem.

Sometimes it really hurts to even strain to go to the bathroom. I feel a small pain in my upper abdomen and it almost feels as if my colon isn't functioning. My stool is usually really thin.. and I never have an adequate bowel movement (well, it doesn't happen every now and then) I've had this problem for a long time now, but it feels like it has gotten worse lately. Could the problem be that I'm not sleeping right? though .. I don't understand the pains. Also, sometimes I pee and then a few minutes later I feel I have to pee a little bit more. This doesn't always happen, but it is annoying. A few times it hurt to pee and I felt like it affected my bowel (if that makes sense)

Any advice? Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 26th, 2007
Experienced User
If you are male it could be your prostate is inflammed. However, because of your symptoms either female or male you could also have digestive problems which is causing you bowel movement issues. I personally prefer alternative solutions to medical however, this is only my opinion. I would also start a colon cleansing that would help with getting a regular bowel movement and eliminating any toxins in the body. A good one that I use is drnatura's colonix. Then I would also seek the advice from a naturopathic doctor who would help with diet. Being in college I am sure your eating is suffering. Just my own personal experience. This is something you might want to consider. Keep us posted on your progress.
|

replied October 17th, 2007
I would suggest seeing a gastroenterolosgist as thin stools can not always be a good sign. As for the problem with pain and peeing - get it checked out by a doctor coz t could be kidney related.
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....