Medical Questions > Parenting > Infants Forum

Three Year Old Has Wart On Lip?

My three year old has developed a wart on her lip, and my wife refuses to take her to the dermatoligist to be removed due to the pain involved. Is there a topical solution or oral that I can administer to my little girl that will get rid of the wart? Thanks Confused
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 12th, 2007
Experienced User
You could always call a dr and see what they recomend? But other than that i'm not sure, i've never had to deal with a wart. Sorry i couldn't be more help! Sad GOOD LUCK THOUGH!
|

The doctor recommended numbing it with a needle, and burning/freezing it off, but said it was rather painful. My wife does not want her to go through that. He recommended time, that it would go away eventually, but it has grown enough for my daughter to pull at it and I am getyting concerned.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
How in the world do you numb it with a needle? But yea i would be concerned to and if she was my daughter i don't think i would want to try that with her either. Sounds like it coul be really painful...and good luck with getting her to stay there while you/both of you do that. I'm not sure what advice to give you but hopefully someone on here has more information on here than i do. You can always try googling something like wart removal and just see what you get? Sorry i didn't have more info for you! GOOD LUCK!
|

User Profile
Supporter
Hi
Not really sure where you are located, but a good dermotologist can freeze this off without having to inject any needles into this child. I have a wonderful dermotologist who is excellent with children and senior citizens. I think finding the right doctor would help!
|

Thats what I thought, no needles involved. I am in Atlanta. I will try another doctor. Thanks
|

User Profile
Supporter
How Bout Them Dawgs?
From the other side of Athens.........you should find a great dermotologist or even a plastic surgeon in HotLanta... I can give you names of both here in Athens!
Hope you find someone to take htis off your daughter and it not be to traumatic for her! My little girl is 24 now! Good luck!
|
Tags: administer
Quick Reply
Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....