I have a huge prob...to start off with I have irregular periods I get one about every other month or so anyway I was dating a guy for 6 months and right before we broke up I slept with him on July 14 and 16 I also cheated on him July 13 and 9th I didn't have a period in June but on July 17th the day after I slept with my ex for the last time I started my period and it was normal we broke up July 19th and I started dating the other guy that I had slept with before we are still together and I have not cheated on him. I found out I was preggers on Sept 4th and my HCG levels were 52,991 but they wont know exactly how far along I am until this friday when I have a us...so my question is...could it be my ex's even though I had a normal period after we broke up? the doc said on the 4th that I might be 8 or 9 weeks along going by my hcg levels which scares me..my sister said you really can't guess how far along you are just my looking at hcg levels is that true?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 18th, 2019
Thanks for your question.
You should not really depend on the blood tests alone to assess the age of your fetus as it can vary over a wide range.If you have a full blown cycle after some sexual encounter,do not worry,that is enough to rule out the possibility of getting pregnant from that act.
I hope I was able to address your query. If you have any further problems, please do not hesitate to go to the doctor.
Wishing you all the best.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Pregnancy Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.