User Profile
Finding a good preschool is so hard. Actually finding any preschool with openings is difficult around here.

I called a montessori and a woman was trying to sell the program. She wants us to come in and talk with her. I wanted the bottom line: How much will it cost? She took a breath and told me that there are different options and that I should come in. I told her I just want to know how much it costs part time and she said there are just so many options. I told her I want to know if it's even in my price range. She then asked me how much I could afford. I wasn't about to answer that because quite frankly money is extremely tight right now. I then asked her (yes a third time) to give me a range from absolute lowest to highest. If she skirted that question, I was going to tell her nevermind. She then kind of laughed (it sounds like a nervous laugh) and said $270 to $500. She then asked if I could come in with my child on Thursday evening. I said sure.

I am pretty ticked off that she couldn't even answer my question initially. Perhaps the price could be negotiated if she asked me how much I could afford. What ticks me off the most is that I felt like she treated me as though I don't know anything about education. She sounded pretty young herself. Grrr.... Would you go? I would hate for my son to go with me to check out the program and love it just to turn around and not go. I know we would pay more then $270 because I work W and F's and we would pay for the whole day on those days.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 11th, 2007
Supporter
Hi
I am not really sure I would even go........first impressions usually mean a lot to me and generally tell a lot about an environment....but then again you could have some nit wit for a personal manager who has noting to do with teaching or the educational advantages. If you do decide to go, I would go alone. You stated, what if you take your son and then he decides he likes it............this should be up to you first, then if you decide this is the best place, he can go and check it out on another visit. You might also negotiate prices and find out if this is acceptable or need to find another place just as suitable but more budget friendly! Good luck Girlfriend!
|

Especially eHealthy
motessori schools are great. they teach different than regular schools. instead of sitting in a chair all day kids are free to learn at their own pace. Personally I will be trying to send my kids to one. For a toddler tho that isnt potty trained its 8000 a year for 8-3. There are alot of different options theirs care from 830-1130 830-330 and they have before and after school programs so it really depends on what you need. + you get a discount if you pay all at once rather than month by month. theres also a registration fee of like 300. its expensive but my mom manages and its so worth it. i wish i could have stayed at my school all thru school. i went from age 3-8.
|

Especially eHealthy
wth r u guys talking about?
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...