but you guys are pretty much the only ones i have to listen to my rants right now.. my best friend is at work.. and i just love you guys you always help me through crap.

here's how im gonna do it.. Im gonna list everything good/bad about moving..

Good about moving..

1.) better weather
2.) No crime
3.) No drugs
4.) BIG backyard for kids
5.) Have own house and not pay $2000 a month for it.
6.) basement.
7.) Better schools.
8.) Less traffic.
9.) kids will get to see snow (Jacob loves snow.)
10.) no one to call me names or scream at my kids.
11.) No one to smoke around my kids.

BAD about moving..

1.) Moving away from family
2.) Moving away from my best friend of 15 years
3.) not really any friends in Illinois (except Krissy but she'd be 2 hours away..)

So i know moving outweighs staying.
Its best for the kids. Gotta think about the kids. They'll get over it, and adapt. They'll probably end up happier with their own space to run around in and I'll be happier because we'll have our own place for the kids to enjoy themselves.. and hopefully our own pool ^_^

I think once i get over the initial shock of everything, I'll be ok. I was ok last time.
*starts crying*
you know.. the last time we moved back in March of 2006.. was the one and only time i got a hug and an i love you from my mom in well over 15 years.

GOD I JUST WANNA SCREAM!

Sorry guys. i know I'm getting annoying. Sad

~S
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 12th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Its understandable, this is a huge thing to be thinking of doing. Sorry if this sounds mean but from what you said about the way your family treats you at times and how you brother acts, I wouldnt want to be living that close to them. Maybe an hour or 2 away or something. So you arent seeing them every day or every other, once a week or something.
|

Experienced User
the option of moving sounds so much better and safer, and nicer and healthier for your whole family, not just your kids. I'd do it! If Krissy is only 2 hours away i'm sure you guys could do some weekend getaways at each others house every once in a while or something!
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I don't think you're getting annoying, I think you're just having a rough time. It makes me mad that your mom is like that to you. I think the option of moving sounds great. Your parents are just hurt and have hurt feelings, you can't really blame them, those are their grandchildren, but one day you can say to your mom "look, I'm not such a bad mom afterall, I took my kids and got them out of a bad environment even though I didn't want to, THAT is what a good mom would do." and hopefully she'll agree.

what about robs mom?
|

Especially eHealthy
robs mom is being way cool about it.. shes already apologized several times for everything that went down last year. (she apologized long before she knew we were moving back.) We both agreed that yeah, we're going to bump heads, but if we do, to walk away and talk about it when we're calm.

I wish my mother was like that. She never ever apologizes for anything.

Hell, Shirleys told me she loves me. My mom never does.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I know goodbyes suck and ar no fun, but I really think that you have almost made your mind up. If you just start to go down your pros list, you can be convinced...I know I was.

If you can provide that kind of environment for your kids, think of how happy they will be. You will be happier knowing that you are safer and your children are safer. And Rob has a good job up there already, so you don't have to worry about that...

And....

the one thing that would convince the hell out of me would be not paying $2000 a month for rent!!! Shocked
|

Experienced User
have robs parents seen caitlyn (sp?) yet?
|

Especially eHealthy
only in pics.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...