Ok, well as you all know I had my appointment today, it was this morning. And I found out something, that shocked the hell out of me! My baby boy, isn’t a baby boy after all! I am having a little princess! I couldn’t believe it at all. So that goes to show you how inaccurate ultrasounds at 17 weeks are! I measured at almost 31 weeks and I am only 30 weeks and 2 days, so either I will have a big baby or I will have her earlier. I think i’ve decided to keep her. I want to so badly, but I just don’t want to hurt the people who want to adopt her either. I need to decide quickly though because the further along I go, the harder it will be for them to accept it, if I decided to keep her.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 23rd, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Oh my gosh congratulations!! That's gotta be crazy...Thinking for so long ur going to have a son, then bam within 10 mins it's changed to a daughter! I just went in for my u/s friday and they told me its a girl...Ah so now im gonna be worried that its really a boy! Lol but either way it's such a blessing! I don't know ur situation completely, but the only advice I can give u is to follow ur heart...This human being living inside of u was created by u, its a part of who u are...And in some cases it is best for the baby to be put up for adoption, but if I were u id really think about it, I mean thats *ur* baby...And as for the adoptive family, yeah it will be disappointing to them, but they'll understand...There will be other babies that they can adopt...What happens if u can no longer have children after this one? I couldn't do it...I just couldnt...And after all of this, u deserve to have this baby, im sure u can do it, people who have less than u have come out on top....U can do it, I dont care what anyone else says...I truly hope the best for u and ur daughter, and I hope that u end up keeping her...But with whatever u decide, best of luck and god bless!

Vanessa
*mommy to my princess*
edd-8/11/04
|

replied March 23rd, 2004
Experienced User
Thanks!!!!!!Yes it was very crazy! When the ultrasound tech told me, I was like, oh my god, your kidding right? I’ve been calling my princess, bud! Lol I think I am going to keep her, the more I think about her the harder it gets to think about giving her up. I got a card in the mail a few days ago from my great aunt, congratulating me and my ex-fiancée on the baby. I keep looking at that card, and feeling her kick and I just don’t know if I can hand her over to be raised by these other people, I mean they are nice and sweet, but I just can’t fathom the idea anymore. People raise kids, go to work and do med school all the time right? If they can, so can i.
|

replied March 23rd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I have a question.....I read somewhere that u planned this baby.....Is it true? If so why would you want to give her up in the first place? Congrats and I really hope you keep her but I was just wondering as to why you would purposely get pregnant and then want to adopt the baby out?
|

replied March 23rd, 2004
Experienced User
I Don't Feel Like Retyping This, So Insert New Dates, Etc.
This was the reason....

Molly,
hi, I am 19 years old and I will be 23 weeks pregnant tomorrow. When I first got the news that I was pregnant, it was the happiest day of my life. My fiancee and I had been trying for a baby for about 4 or 5 months. When I did find out that I was pregnant, I had what my doctor called a threatened miscarriage. For the next 3 months, I had to be so careful, I was bed ridden most of the day, I couldn’t do anything that would jeopardize our baby’s health. So I didn’t, 3 months passed and my baby was still there, happy and healthy. At 17 weeks, I found out that I was carrying a little boy. I couldn’t have been any happier and I didn’t think that anything could shatter that happiness. Just a week later, my fiancee of 11 months came to me and said that he didn’t want to marry me or be with my son or me. He started to deny paternity of him saying that there is no way, that I must have cheated on him. And of course I didn’t, I loved this man. Come to find out only 2 weeks ago that the reason he was leaving me was so that he could marry some bimbo in a vegas chapel only 3 days after leaving me. I graduated high school in 2001 on honors of recognition, the top 1% of my class, I was saludictorian (2nd of my graduating class) with a full scholarship to go to the university of my choice and become a doctor. I began college in the spring of 2002 and continued through until I became pregnant, when I professor suggested that I just take some time to enjoy my pregnancy and my fiancee, so I did. Now look at me, I will have a newborn, an unfinished dream and I will have to work. I cannot do both schooling to be a doctor, work enough hours and support this baby. And although this may seem like a bad decision for some of you, I have decided that my best option would be to put him up for open adoption. Though it may seem selfish, I don’t want even a part of me to blame my son for me not being able to go back to college. The family that I have found to adopt him is so loving. They have a 5 year old daughter and because of a bad c-section with her, they are no longer able to have children and they wanted 5 or 6. They have stable careers, they are good to each other and best of all they have been happily married for 13 years. I think they are incredible and their daughter is so lucky to have them and I know that my son will be too. I know that adoption is so hard to think about, but you need to think about not just the next few months, but the next 18 years of both of your lives.

Hilary
|

replied March 23rd, 2004
Aww hun you can most definitely do this...Listen to urself! Ur a natural! U dont have to *try* to love and care for this child, because u already do! Just go with ur heart and what u feel is right...Dont worry about anybody else but u and ur baby..And what is truly best for the both of u...Nobody is saying its going to be a walk in the park, but im sure as soon as u give birth to that miracle inside of u u'll know that she's worth keeping...*if god puts you through it he'll pull you through it*....You've got my support 100% girl! You can do anything you put your heart into! Please keep me posted on how u and ur little munchkin are doing!

Oh and have u thought of any names? Im so overwhelmed I dont know where to start! Lol

vanessa
*mommy to my princess*
edd-8/11/04
|

replied March 23rd, 2004
Im confused. Help me out please. You said in your recent post that you measured 31 weeks but that u are actually 30 weeks and when you first introduced yourself (not sure when) you said you were 23 weeks and that your edd is 8-11-04. Im so confused. Lol exactly how far along are you? I am 18 weeks pregnant and due 8-24-04 and we also find out the sex of our baby on wednesday =) im erica by the way. ~ erica.
|

replied March 23rd, 2004
Sorry I didnt mean to put that you were due 8-11-04 lol sorry again that was from vanessa's post. Anyway are you 30 weeks preggy? ~ erica.
|

replied March 23rd, 2004
Hey erica...My due date's 8/11/04...I dont remember reading that that was hers also...Maybe u got them mixed up?
|

replied March 23rd, 2004
Lol disregard that post!
|

replied March 23rd, 2004
Lol I will I just got real confused I can read today lol ~ erica.
|

replied March 23rd, 2004
Experienced User
Read the "subject" part of my last post girls! I said that that was from a long time ago. I.E. Read the fact that the message was to molly! I wrote that when I was 23 weeks pregnant and still thought my daughter was a boy!

Hilary
|

replied March 23rd, 2004
Experienced User
Oh and my due date is may 29th
|

replied March 23rd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I have a question, dont take this the wrong way. In the post you made about your ex-fiance it says he left you a week after you found out you were having a boy. And now that your having a girl you have decided to keep her. Im not saying that is why but him leaving you for no apperent reason seems weird (on his half) did you guys want a girl? I was just wondering. Smile
|

replied March 23rd, 2004
Especially eHealthy
Hey
Keep that angel! It's yours and you have all the rights in the world to keep that baby!
|

replied March 23rd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Yea I was kinda wondering if finding out she is a girl made u change your mind? I mean just remember it still may not be 100% as uve already found out, it could end up switchin again when its born they may have another *surprise* . . But I mean u did want to give the baby up but then found out it was a girl and now want to keep it, is that part why or is it just a coincidence? Either way u gotta make up ur mind quick so u dont cause anymore pain to that family, but u shouldnt give up ur baby and live to regret it * goodluck
|

replied March 23rd, 2004
Erica83 are you the same person as erica 1121. Because I was just a little confused. On the due date club there is a girl erica1121 due 8-31-04,
and your due on 8-24-04. Just wodering if you were the same person, and they changed your due date, so that it could be fixed.

Brenda
|

replied March 23rd, 2004
Experienced User
It does happen to just be a coincidence, he is married to another girl now, that is why he left me, not because of our daughter, whom we thought was a boy. I wanted a boy really bad to be honest with you, but my daughter will be great too. I have done a lot of thinking since I was about 18 weeks, and honestly I didn’t know what the right thing to do would be but a lot of you gave me inspiration that I can do everything if I want to and giving up my baby is something that I don’t think I could do. Its been cause for a lot of sleepless nights.
|

replied March 23rd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Aw well im glad. U should keep her. I mean if u regret it forever it wouldnt be worth it, she is your little baby and u deserve her. Just try your best to make sure ur mind is made up and talk to that other family.
|

replied March 23rd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Lee I think it is the same erica.....They are both from detroit.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...