I am wondering about a few things. My cycles were (from Nov 2006) 29 days, 29 days, 29 days, 33 days, 31 days, 29 days. My first day of LMP was April 24th 2007. I am in a relationship, but was flirting with another man at that time. I had sex with my partner on Wed, May 9th. We started out not using a condom, but ended up using one before he ejaculated.

I "got together" with another man on Friday, May 11. We did not engage in intercourse, but we were naked, lying together. Me on top of him, him on top of me.

I had sex with my partner on Saturday, May 12. Unprotected.

I am now 20 weeks pregnant. My first sonogram showed me with a due date of January 29th. On June 27th, I measured 9 weeks 2 days per my sonogram. Subsequent sonograms have showed no other EDD. Most online pregnancy calendars seem to say that estimated conception date is earlier in the week, mainly around May 7-9, but not sure if that's just an estimate.

I cannot sleep at night and I am so depressed because I am frightened that this one-time encounter with the "other man" might ruin my relationship with my partner. Every time I notice a difference in this pregnancy ( I have two children with my partner), I worry. Am I smaller because I am carrying another man's baby? I am so scared. I made such a mistake, and I am in emotional hell right now dealing with this.

Can you please take a look at these dates and give me your thoughts? Is it possible to get pregnant without actually having sex? I know I ovulated the week of May 7th, but cannot tell what day. Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 10th, 2007
Supporter
Hopefully it is your parterns baby. Just because things are different with this pregancy for your other 2 does not mean it is from another person as everytime we have a baby our bodies change you are a little older now are your other 2 boy and a girl or same sex that could be the difference. That you are having a baby of a different sex. As for knowing for sure I do believe they only way to know for sure is a paturnity test. I know this is going to sound a bit silly but can you tell your partner the truth about what happened. I realize this could be a bad thing. I would like you to pm so I can tell you a private story of my own. We can also talk some more about this I am here to support you, care for you, and just listen to you as well.
please it is okay I do not think you are a bad person crap happens.
(((((((((((hugs))))))))))))just because you really need them
taykare
so PM asap as I go for surgery tomorrow am and would really like to help you if I can!!!
|

Hi labellemystere, I can understand your frustration and anxiety but please remember that you have a preciosus gift growing inside you. Now based on your info, did you have unprotected sex with the flirting guy, did the condom rupture? If not then it's your partner's because unless there was intercourse I don't you getting pregnant from lying on a guy naked if he didn't ejaculate or you were into foreplay using body parts to stimulate the genitals. Sonograms take into consideration the week of your LMP so therefore when you are 4 weeks you are actually 2 weeks which has to be taken into consideration. Sperms can survive in fertile cervical fluid for 5 days. However, each woman is different and so you would not be able to pinpoint exactly what day you ovulated. Estimation works most times. You can tell your partner if you wish to. Best wishes and stay positive. You can email me if you wish to talk had a similar situation. Oh and taykare i'd like to chat with you sometime.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
If you didn't have sex with the other guy, then he's not the dad. If all you did was lay naked with him why are you worried? Someone actually has to stick their penis inside your vagina to get you pregnant. Even though your partner used a condom at the end of sex on the 9th he still could have gotten precum in you until he put it on. I'm pretty sure it's your partners child.
|

replied September 11th, 2007
Thanks Ladies
Thank you so much for your responses. I guess I won't really know, but I *feel* like it's my partner's baby.... not the "other guy". I just hate having just a sliver of a doubt.

takecare, I don't know how to PM.... hope your surgery went well, would love to chat with you about your experience.
|

User Profile
replied September 11th, 2007
Supporter
You can quit worrying about the other guy. There is no chance you are pregnant by him if you didn't have intercourse.
I know you can't turn your mind off, but there really isn't a chance.
My partner and I were worried because of the dates as well when I was pregnant. He had doubts only because the days didn't match up. I had to explain the whole LMP. Now that we have the baby, there is NO denying this one! She looks like a mini-him.
|

replied October 1st, 2007
Supporter
you do not have to have a penis stuck inside your body to get pregnant!!!!! all you need is the fluid(sperm) to get in there. You can get pregnant through a condom as well. But these women telling you can not get pregnant from fooling around naked with some guy is just not true. if there is sperm or precum and you are sitting on top of him even if he is not inside you can get sperm in there and same if he was lying on you. If you do not believe me ask your docotr if it is possible or a public health nurse.
anyways I hope for your sake that the baby is your partners but the only way you will know is a dna test. or maybe if the baby comes out looking exactlly like the daddy.
I will pray for you.
taykare
|

User Profile
replied October 1st, 2007
Supporter
taykare wrote:
you do not have to have a penis stuck inside your body to get pregnant!!!!! all you need is the fluid(sperm) to get in there. You can get pregnant through a condom as well. But these women telling you can not get pregnant from fooling around naked with some guy is just not true. if there is sperm or precum and you are sitting on top of him even if he is not inside you can get sperm in there and same if he was lying on you. If you do not believe me ask your docotr if it is possible or a public health nurse.
anyways I hope for your sake that the baby is your partners but the only way you will know is a dna test. or maybe if the baby comes out looking exactlly like the daddy.
I will pray for you.
taykare

It COULD be possible but the chances are very slim.
|