I had a Gallbladder Hida scan done on Friday and they said it was only at 20%. Do you think i will have to have my gallbladder out. I am always in pain and can't hardly eat. I go back to the doctor on tuesday to find out more. I just wanted more info first. thanks Very Happy Very Happy
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 27th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Are you still there? It is very possible that they will reccommend surgery. Good luck!
|

replied October 1st, 2007
Hida Scan
I recently had a hida scan and it took my gall bladder 3 hours to show up. It normally takes an hour or less. I had my gall bladder removed last week. They used the scope but had to also make a 2 inch incision due to a "bleeder vein" they had to repair.

Yes, you will need to have your gall bladder removed. The recovery was not that bad - I only took pain meds for 2 days.

Word of advice, if you have a recliner then sleep on it vs the bed for a few days after the surgery. Otherwise it will hurt when you first lay down and get back up.
|

replied January 27th, 2008
very confused
i haven't been told anything about whats going on with my body, i'm very confused and dont know anything. i'm hoping someone who's been through this can maybe shed some light. im not sure if i'm having gallbladder problems or not. i dont usually get abdominal pain. i get a lot of nausea and loss of appetite. a lot of back pain. it often comes in waves. i tend to feel dizzy and lightheaded, sometimes with chest tightness and pressure. they ran a bunch of cardiac tests that all came back normal. an exray and abdominal ultrasound showed a gallstone. the surgeon said i didn't have typical symptoms of gallbladder disease but ordered a HIDA scan anyway. It didn't empty at all on its own. the tech said it should have a little. After the CCK injection, i got a severe wave of nausea. It did start to empty, but i dont know how much. i wasn't given a percentage or anything. I did see that my gallbladder was still lit up on the scanner prett bright after the half hour CCK scan. I was told to come back for a 2nd scan in a week. What does this mean? did i have an abnormal scan and thats why they want to do a second one? I hadn't eaten in about 24 hours before the scan, the tech said maybe that could affect the results, but for 2 hours before my scan i wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything. I'm very confused! does anyone know what this means?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....