Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Single and Pregnant Forum

19, Pregnant, And Left For Another Girl...opinions Plz!

User Profile
I'm 19 and 37 weeks along with a little girl. I was with her father for 2 years, and I was still with him when we found out we were having a baby and he was happy about it (or so he told me) But when i was around 4 1/2 months along he left me for another girl. And now I'm alone. We still talk quite often. But when we do talk he doesnt ask about the baby at all. He just doesnt show that he cares at all. I have a lot on my mind, like if i should even call him and allow him to be there when the baby is born. i want him to be there so bad, but he's having trouble growing up and i dont know what to do... Help me!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 9th, 2007
i think that you have to sit down with him a say to him do you want to be in the baby life if not then you know where you stand i think that you already got the idea that you will be raising this child on your own
just hang in there and hopefully you will have him to help anyway he can if not the you will have to ask for help elsewhere like family and friends.
|

User Profile
well i've pretty much accepted the fact that he isn't going to help.

i had my little girl 2 weeks ago and he saw her for the first time last night. it turns out his new girlfriend has told him he's not allowd to see his daughter.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
She sure has a pair on her, telling someone what he is and is not "allowed" to do - especially concerning his flesh and blood.

Are you taking him to court for support?
|

User Profile
replied October 10th, 2007
no i applied for help from the state so they take care of it
|

User Profile
replied October 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I went through this hun. In my opinion let him come to you, he knows that you will contact him and update him and hes using that to his advantage. Let him come to you know, yes I know it is hard. And personally from personal experience do not give that child his last name, and think of your options as to putting him on the birth certificate... I would start a court order soon for child support and startgetting things set up for yourself.
|

replied April 11th, 2008
pregnant and will become a single mom
hi! I am 26 yrs. old ang 16 weeks pregnant,the father of my baby have already 3 children with another girl. We've been together for 2 1/2 yrs. He said he intentionally want to have a baby w/ me, but i can't have him w/ me because he's living in w/ the mother of his 3 kids. He always makes excuses that he can't leave the children that's why we can't be together. and he need to be with them for the sake of the childred,do i have to believe in him? I asked him for my freedom and have accepted that i will become a single mom in the future. I told him to leave me alone,for 2 weeks he never communicate w/ me,we lost contacts but after that couple of weeks he emailed me and asking me to hold on,stay & hang-on and wait until he settle everything and we will be together forever...I don't want to wait for that time to come because I know he just keep me wait for nothing. We seldom see each other now and seldom talk about us, he always ask me favor to save the baby & take care of it,which i really doing because i don't want to lose my little one. I quit working because i wanna be with my family & relatives to console & give me comfort...I feel like I am alone & can't move on from him...need some advise if i still have to wait for his promise that we will be together forever...pls. help!
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...