Medical Questions > Debate Forums > General Debate Forum

Why Does the West Accept Homosexuality? (Page 1)

User Profile
Why does the West accept homosexuality like this? Like it`s something natural, cause let me tell you something, it isn`t.

It shouldn`t be banned either, cause every man/woman has the right to chose his/hers way of life. But why do you encourage it???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 11th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
A. I moved this topic since it in no way belongs on the GLBT relationship forms. It is clearly a topic meant for debate, not one supporting or lending supportive advice to people in a GLBT relationship.

B. You're wrong. On so many levels. I don't want to have to quote the dozens and more species of animals that participate in homosexual relations. Can't get much more natural that nature doing it. And considering we are animals and thus, part of nature, the things we do ARE natural.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Why Does the West Accept Homosexuality?
balkan riot wrote:
Why does the West accept homosexuality like this? Like it`s something natural, cause let me tell you something, it isn`t.

It shouldn`t be banned either, cause every man/woman has the right to chose his/hers way of life. But why do you encourage it???

I don't know what "acceptance" means to you exactly, but it is certainly not accepted as I understand acceptance to mean where I live.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I personally would encourage anyone who felt they were homosexual because they would need help and support against people like you who try and tell them their feelings are unnatural and wrong.
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

User Profile
Supporter
I am bisexual and i am proud. Being bisexual or homosexual is nothing to be ashamed of it's just a different way of life. people have different religions and different opinions so why not differnt sexualitys?
|

Especially eHealthy
i'd totally do Kat Von D if the opportunity arose lol.

^_^
|

Experienced User
Yeah but, is nature a good thing?
Natural things good?

Death is natural. And so is immense suffering.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
balkan riot wrote:

The west, for the most part, does not accept it. Which is a shame, because homosexuals are just like anyone else. they laugh, cry, love and die just like everyone else.
|

replied March 25th, 2018
they cause pain,sufering,deseases,sucicides,etc.
|

Especially eHealthy
agathe wrote:
Natural things good?

Good and bad are ethics, and ethics cannot be applied to nature.

A wolf is not bad for eating a deer.

A storm is not bad for destroying a town.

So, homosexulaity as a natural thing, cannot be good or bad. Sexuality as nature knows it is not good or bad.

It simply IS.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I think homosexuality is good.

Because I like anything with the word 'sexuality' in it.... Wink
|

replied September 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Eiri wrote:
agathe wrote:
Natural things good?

So, homosexulaity as a natural thing, cannot be good or bad. Sexuality as nature knows it is not good or bad.

It simply IS.

Beautifully said Smile
|

Extremely eHealthy
balkan riot wrote:

Homosexuality isn't encouraged it simply is accepted because everyone is entitled to be true to themselves and how they feel. Even said, it isn't as widley accepted (unfortunately) as you would seem to think.
|

User Profile
Supporter
Eiri wrote:
agathe wrote:
Natural things good?

It simply IS.

Couldn't put it better myslef1 very well said
|

replied September 13th, 2007
Experienced User
Eiri wrote:
A. I moved this topic since it in no way belongs on the GLBT relationship forms. It is clearly a topic meant for debate, not one supporting or lending supportive advice to people in a GLBT relationship.

B. You're wrong. On so many levels. I don't want to have to quote the dozens and more species of animals that participate in homosexual relations. Can't get much more natural that nature doing it. And considering we are animals and thus, part of nature, the things we do ARE natural.

Yes but some animals eat their own feces. Doesnt make it right or "natural" to do that too.
|

Experienced User
Eiri wrote:
agathe wrote:
Natural things good?

It simply IS.

Could say the same thing about killing a fellow human.(my dog killed a mouse once and did it just to kill it. So thats natural)
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I think human beings are well beyond the scope of "natural" because there is very little we did that is "natural".
|

Especially eHealthy
milletics wrote:
Eiri wrote:

Yes but some animals eat their own feces. Doesnt make it right or "natural" to do that too.

If an animal does it, then it's automatically "natural". You don't seem to get that concept. An animal is created by nature. Humans are animals.

Is eating poo "gross"? Yes, but gross is again a human construct. I'm pretty sure there's actually a nutritional benefit to consuming feces especially during times of famine.
|

Especially eHealthy
milletics wrote:
Eiri wrote:
agathe wrote:
Natural things good?

It simply IS.

Could say the same thing about killing a fellow human.(my dog killed a mouse once and did it just to kill it. So thats natural)

Yes you could. Conquering male lions often kill off the cubs of a pride to cause the females to go in to estrus so he can impregnate them with his own DNA.
|

Especially eHealthy
As humans, products of nature, it is "natural" for us to learn. That is our evolutionary advantage. Some animals have claws, some have camoflauge. We have larger brains.

Is it beneficial to our environment to pollute? No. But there are animals and plants that "destroy" their own niches as well. If a winding tree vine grew unchecked, it would kill every tree in the forest.

The "problem" is that humans do not currently have a predator to keep us in check. Disease has tried its best but our brains have allowed us to adapt to that as well.

Now, as sentient creatures we are aware of all of this. Unlike a winding vine that needs a predator to halt its progress, we are smart enough to do it ourselves.
|

Experienced User
Eiri wrote:
As humans, products of nature, it is "natural" for us to learn. That is our evolutionary advantage. Some animals have claws, some have camoflauge. We have larger brains.

Is it beneficial to our environment to pollute? No. But there are animals and plants that "destroy" their own niches as well. If a winding tree vine grew unchecked, it would kill every tree in the forest.

The "problem" is that humans do not currently have a predator to keep us in check. Disease has tried its best but our brains have allowed us to adapt to that as well.

Now, as sentient creatures we are aware of all of this. Unlike a winding vine that needs a predator to halt its progress, we are smart enough to do it ourselves.

Thats the difference. I say God is my God and created us and you think nature is.
|
Tags: woman
Quick Reply