Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Mononucleosis Forum

Muscle Fatigue 2 Months After Mono

I used to lift weights a great deal, including heavy lifting (bench pressing, squats, curls) and my muscles used to never fatigue or get tired. I got mono and the worst of the symptoms occurred the beginning of July, 2007.

I've been easing back into lifting for the past month or so and my muscles just aren't what they used to be. They get tired fast and don't seem to have the strength that they used to. My sleeping is still messed up, I can sleep 10 hours and still feel tired. I'm at college so this isn't a good thing.

Anyone know how long this fatigue lasts for? I want this gone so I can get my strength back.

Anyone else with similar issues?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 1st, 2009
Muscle Fatigue =)
You know Roger Federer and the same thing, but he got through it, so im sure urs will eventually pass as well =)
|

replied May 1st, 2009
Hi.

I suffered from the same symptoms for long time. You need to have a good nutrition.

|
Must Read
Is mononucleosis bacterial or viral? Does everyone get mono at some time? How does mono spread? Basic facts and definitions about "the kissing disease". ...
Do you know what causes mono? Although children are more at risk than adults,what can you do to avoid getting sick from mono? Review risk factors here....
The symptoms of mono may not manifest for everyone who contracts the Epstein-Barr virus. But when are symptoms serious? And when should you seek medical help?...