Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lupus Forum

Cellcep - Drug Safety Issues

My boss has Lupus and from time to time I do research for her. One of her main concerns is drug safety - she's shared with me her ups and downs on the different medications she's taken, 2 different times she was on oral chemo. Today she is managing it while several years ago she was knocking on deaths door. Thank the Lord today she is doing much better. ANynow, recently in my research I came across a site that I found very interesting. She is currently taking cellcep which she feels is not a particuarly safe drug, but is taking it based on her doctor's recommendation. Anyhow I thought I would share this bit of information for anyone who interested as to the safety of the medications they are prescribed. It's a organization called iguard.org - you plug in your conditions and the medications you are taking and it gives you drug safety ratings and safety alerts if a drug is in question or being pulled, etc. I though this was a great site and I don't know of any others like it. Anyhow, just thought I'd share this tidbit of information. Seems like drug safety has become such an issue and only time we see it is on the evening news. Just wanted to share.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....