I hope to hear from anyone that may shed some light. Myself and several friends went to vegas to attend a wedding. That evening 4 of us went to dinner together me and just one of my friends at dinner shared the shrimp, so he and I were the only ones to have the shrimp. We all returned to our separate homes on a sunday, monday rolls around and that afternoon I knell down by my pool and as I stand up my knee gives out and with great pain I try to walk. I have had some popping in the same knee in the past months. The pain and swelling continues each day. Then I suddenly have swelling and pain in my right side neck lymph node gland.

Now the strange part my same friend that shared the shrimp with me had the same exact things happen to him, only one difference both of his knees where in pain. Could it be possible that there is a link to what has happened to us?
Please share your thoughts or ideas, im thankful for your time.

Sincerely submitted,
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 22nd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Ok, that's so weird either you're telling tall tales or it's true but weird!!Or a huge!!!! Coincidence.

Given you have had some knee trouble in the past (has he by the way?) & as I assume neither of you has a known allergy to shell fish?? I'd try going out together again & having just shrimp (try & have weather/temp conditions similar if possible & see what happens - but just in case it is an allergy & gets worse, have someone else around in case you need medical help - if nothing happens put it down to a truly weird coincidence!
|

User Profile
replied January 12th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
There is no such link. I would suggest you to consult rheumatologist to evaluate you.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Srinivas Singaram
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Arvind Malhotra
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
Must Read
We burp, belch and fart an average of 12 times a day. But why do we have gas? And what is intestinal gas?...the basics here....
Intestinal gas forms from two main sources - swallowed air and bacteria in the intestine. Plus, learn which factors to avoid to decrease the likelihood of gas....
How much gas is normal? Usually symptoms of gas and flatulence are more bothersome than serious. But learn when you should seek help for excessive gas here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Poisoning and Environmental Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.