Hey Im 21 years old and am in the normal range for weight and am also relativly fit, on average i ride twice a week run twice a week and swim once a week. I used to be a national level swimmer but recently gave that up. my diet is not the best as no students are but i have been getting constant readings of 130 - 150 over 60 - 80 when i have been both taking my own blood pressure or the machine has taken it. why would this be so? and will diet be enough to control it for now?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 25th, 2007
Try the Natural Approach to Lowering Your Pressure
Will I found out about my high blood pressure in my early 20s as well and i really didn't want to get on meds . With all of the side affects who needs it? So I had a talk with my doc , and she hooked be up with info about resperate, it has help me to lower my pressure, and even helps me to relaxs its hot! maybe u should try it out ....good luck
|

replied September 26th, 2007
Accuracy Is Key
What type of device are you using for your measurment? Aneroid, electronic, or mercurial?

I am in a similar situation, but I am only 15. I was at 146/93 (average) when I decided to not run on a daily basis, or run at all for the months of April to June. Even after exercise, it was still high (136/87). I would try a better diet (low sodium) and if they are still fairly high, get a measurement done by a doctor or yourself with a mercury sphyg. I am only saying this because electronic monitors, even when properly calibrated, can be off by more than 8mmHg. Mercury never fails, and is the most accurate that you can ever get.
|

replied October 6th, 2007
Health Is Wealth
Even if your BP reading is 8mmHg higher at the doctor's office than at home or with an electronic monitor vs a mercury one, blakey's BP reading is still over 120/80! Det & exercise are great. I can not stress that enough. Unless you want to live on meds your whole life, you'd better get a thorough exam and check out what could be the potential causes of your HBP. I would strongly recommend the resperate to help control your blood pressure. It's a breathing unit that lowers your BP naturally and SAFELY! Above all, stay active!!!
Veronicca
|
Must Read
High blood pressure is often called the "silent killer" and can cause a number of medical problems. But what is hypertension? And what types do doctors define?...
Hypertension can be caused by a number of underlying medical conditions. Which ones? Are you at risk of developing high blood pressure?...
High blood pressure often manifests no symptoms, but can seriously damage the body. So how can you tell if you're experiencing hypertension, or not? More here....