I ended up getting my period last week, so hopefully we'll have better luck this month. If I ovulate on day 20 like I've been doing the last 2 months Jesse will be off which makes things easier.
Well, after 6 months of getting up every 2-3 hours with the baby we were truly exhausted even her. We decided that Friday night would be the night to let her learn to sleep by herself. It was the hardest, but best thing I ever did. When I put her down and she cried for me I told her to go to sleep and I loved her. When I walked out I was shaking and crying more than she was. It only took 15 minutes! I checked on her twice and by the second time I knew she understood. 5 minutes later she was sleeping. At 11:18 she cried on and off for 7 minutes. Last night she cried for 2 minutes. Tonight she let out a loud cry and by the time the door was closed she was quiet and sleeping a few minutes later.
It was still hard even tonight and I think it'll be hard every night to put her down and walk out, b/c I was so spoiled to having her near me too. However, it's for the best. She's still in our room, just in her crib and sleeping all night! We've been sleeping in the living room, but tomorrow night we're moving back in our room to join her.
Hopefully things continue to go smoothly.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 2nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
well im glad her crying has calmes down a bit
i hope things do get smoother for you guys Smile and lots of baby dust your way too! you havent really been on the forums much lately Sad
|

replied September 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
the_girlfreind wrote:
well im glad her crying has calmes down a bit
i hope things do get smoother for you guys Smile and lots of baby dust your way too! you havent really been on the forums much lately Sad

No I'm back at work. I'm a school teacher, so I'm busy. I miss her so much while I'm at work. All I want to do when I get home is play and cuddle with her. After she's in bed around 7:30 I do work for school or shower and sleep too.
I don't have much time. We're never home on the weekends, but this weekend has been pretty quiet. We only had a birthday party yesterday and a going away party today. I'm off today, yay!
|

replied September 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I was wondering how Ava's sleeping patterns have been. I thought about posting and asking, but got busy. The weekends are never long enough Confused

Glad to hear she's doing well!
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...