Medical Questions > Womens Health > Hysterectomy Forum

Bleeding after hysterectomy from rectom and vagina - should I wo

User Profile
since my hysterectomy i have had slight bleeding from the rectom as well as the vagina. the reason for my hysterectomy was due to a tennis ball sized cyst on my ovary that had attached itself to my rectum. i was released the next day and was ok for about 2 days before experiencing pain in my abdomin. i went back to the obgyn and was told i had fluid in the canal. 3 days later a friend that did not know i had recently had surgery plopped down onto my stomach and since then i have been having extreme abdominal pain. i spoke with my doctor and was told if my pain medicine she prescribed was not taking the pain away i needed to go to the er because i could have internal bleeding. i am still having pain and slight bleeding in the rectom. i have been taking stool softners but im still having issues having a bowel movement. my question is what the symptoms of internal bleeding are. should i be concerned

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 3rd, 2007
Hysterectomy Answer A3386
Internal bleeding is defined as bleeding in the abdominal cavity. Bleeding from the vagina and rectum are not internal bleeding. Internal bleeding manifests with severe abdominal pain and shock (hypotension, syncope…).

A vaginal examination is the proper protocol used to explain vaginal bleeding and a colonoscopy is requested to explain why a person is bleeding from the rectum. You should be concerned about your condition and consult an internist and gynecologist immediately.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Is ovarian cancer connected with ovarian cysts? What types of ovarian cancer do doctors diagnose? Get the basic facts on ovarian cancer here....
Some women are at higher risk of developing ovarian cancer. Who is in the highest risk group and what can you do to reduce risk of ovarian cancer?...
Ovarian cancer symptoms can be vague or caused by many other conditions. Learn what to look for and know when to seek help for ovarian cancer here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hysterectomy , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.