Well a neighbor of ours has to sell their trailer ASAP, and he has remodeled the entire inside and I know he keeps it up well....even his yard is perfect. I have never talked to him, but I plan on going there either tomorrow or the next day to see about this.

I don't know if I should try and sell our trailer and buy this one, or just stay put. There are lots of pros and cons to each. Our trailer fits us pretty much perfectly and it's pretty nice. The storage space is awesome. I also LOVE our shed. It was custom built and there is a little workshop in there and we have it arranged just how we like it. However....we still owe the bank for our trailer and by buying the other trailer, we could pay it off in like a month. This guy has throat cancer and he just wants to sell his trailer, so the price is more than right. I love the location of our trailer, because we have nobody on our left, and a single guy who sometimes has his 3 y/o daughter there....he's kinda weird, like stalkerish weird almost. He'd still be near by, but our yards wouldn't join. Also here we have train tracks behind us. I grew up next to them, so they don't really bother me....but it still sort of bothers me to think if Adriana somehow wandered out there some day, she LOVES to watch the trains. The other place has a trailer next door, but nobody lives there, and on the other side there is a middle aged couple who also keep their yard up. They are pretty nice. Also our yard has a HUGE walnut tree in our yard and makes it a pain in the butt to mow and rake. The other place has a nice shaded yard too, but it's not a walnut tree. We have a good sized deck, and the other place does too, but I don't know how big it is, and it's not covered. Neither is ours...but we were just looking into awnings. I guess we could still put on over the other deck.
I know the other place is a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom....just like ours. But our bathroom is really big, and we have a laundry room just off the bathroom.

Another thing is I have a huge kitchen, and I love it because our table fits nicely in there, and we have a big counter that separates our living room from the kitchen, and we've got bar stools that we use when we have extra extra company, or when nieces and nephews visit.

I know we won't decide (tho it will ultimately be up to me, cuz DH is just a butt like that, he just goes with the flow)
The main reason we would be doing this is to get rid of the monthly trailer payment. At this point we're ready to cancel phone/internet and probably cable because we have to save money because in about a year from now we'll have to live on 1 income for awhile.

Suggestions? What would you do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 1st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
the other place doesn't sound too bad really. It might not have everything your use to or like that your house has but your also keeping Adriana's safety in mind and that weirdo next door wouldn't be cool with me. His place doesn't sound too different and getting rid of monthly payments is a huge plus! Especially when you will be living off of one income later on. If you don't mind me asking why is that?Could it be because of a Jr. coming along? Laughing
|

User Profile
replied September 2nd, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I would go look round it, see how big the rooms are especially the kitchen as you want a table in there, and see if theres a laundry room. Having that stalker guy next door would make me want to move in this new place. You said a nice couple live one side of it which is good incase you need someone in an emergency or something, the one on the other side may be empty right now but you never know what kind of people/person you will get when someone eventually moves in - cant be much worse than that weird guy though!

I never knew trailer homes were so big Shocked
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
The weird stalker guy would push me more into getting the other place & it doesn't sound too much different than where you are now. The monthly payment being gone is a huge plus, I know how hard it can be with bills & one income & monthly payments are so not fun.. I guess I'd just really look at the other place to see if it would be something you'd definately want.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Yeah. We're asking around for people to buy our place. This guy doesn't even have a for sale sign up, so I'd feel weird going up and asking if I can take a look LOL

We've been here nearly 3 years now and just this summer is the first I've ever talked to the stalker neighbor guy. We had a rummage sale, and him and his daughter came over and I don't recall him telling me his name and then he said something about "oh I saw your brother here the other day" and I was like what?! how does this guy know who my brother is? Well they went to school together and I guess they chatted once when my bro was here. But his daughter just ran all over taking everything off our tables and he just stood there. And that's all he does when he comes over is stand and say something every so often. It creeps me out. Then one night my aunt was visiting, and we had the dogs out running in our yard and he came home, and came over right away with his daughter, and she was tormenting our poor dogs. He didn't do anything either. There's just something about him that's weird.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I hate weird neighbors, we have one, I always catch him staring at my legs lmao.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Eeeeeeek!

I like having no trailer on the other side of us (there is one, but it's pretty far away and my hubby knows them anyways) and so we tend to hang out over there the most, or behind the trailer...especially if we have her pool out. Sometimes if I have the dogs out and I see him pull into his driveway I scoop everyone up and run inside Laughing
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...