Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Arthroscopic Surgery of the Hip

I am wondering if anyone would be able to give me advice on what options there are out there for arthroscopic hip surgery. For the past 7 months of so my right side of my hip has been bothering me. This happened from a bicycle accident. When I am sitting in a chair with my right leg extended about an 80 degree angle from the knee I sometimes cannot lift my whole leg untill I raise it with arm 6 iches up and then it works great but untill that point I am very restriced in movement. I went to physical therapy for about 5 weeks and overall little change. Please if anyone has any suggestions or imput I would appreciate it.
Garrett wilson
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 29th, 2004
Garrett,
i just read your post now and hope I can help.
I am also having problems, but with both my hips.
Arthroscopic surgery sounds like a better alternative to me than maybe later on needing hip replacements.

I called the hospital of special surgery in manhattan, new york (212-606-1000) to find out what doctors perform arthroscopic surgery of the hip. Someone there matched me with a doctor who takes my insurance. His name is Dr. Edwin su (212-606-1128). He specializes in arthroscopic surgery of the hip and performs many of them. I have an appointment with him in a couple of weeks to see if I am a candidate for the surgery.

I will probably go for a second opinion somewhere, but I don't know where just yet.

I don't know where you are from, but if you are near nyc, it may be worth it for you to get a opinion from him.

Good luck. Let me know how you are doing.

Lori
|

replied September 27th, 2004
Having Arthroscopic Surgery On Friday 10/01
Hi,

i am having arthroscopic surgery on friday at lenox hill hospital in new york. Dr. Jose a. Rodriguez was recommended to me, and works in a clinic calleded ranawat orthopedic center. They have a website. I'll post after my surgery and let you know how it goes. I have had hip problems for 13 years and I have tears and arthritis.

Tanarra
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
User Profile
Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....