Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Do Babies Sleep More Towards the End?

User Profile
i was noticing that i will have longer intervals of quiet time like she is sleeping in there for almost an hour then wakes up and is active and i will have like 10 movements in 15 minutes. is that normal? or should i ask the Dr about it? i think it is normal but i just wanted to see what everyone elses little ones do! i am 36.5 weeks now. thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 31st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
There is less room to move in there. The space is very cramped for baby now. Don't worry unless you aren't feeling any movement whatsoever.

During the day when you are active (standing, moving around, etc) there is gravity on the uterus, making even less room for the baby to move around. When you lay down at night the baby is probably much more active. This is normal.

You can talk to your doctor about it at your next appointment if it still really concerns you. Let me know what he says. Smile
|

replied September 3rd, 2007
toward the end of pregnancy the baby should be getting into a regular sleep/ wake pattern. They may sleep for as many as 3 hours at a time! There is less room so the movement they do make will be less pronounced. As long as you are still feeling movement regularly and 10 movements in two hours then you are fine.
|

toward the end of pregnancy the baby should be getting into a regular sleep/ wake pattern. They may sleep for as many as 3 hours at a time! There is less room so the movement they do make will be less pronounced. As long as you are still feeling movement regularly and 10 movements in two hours then you are fine.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
thanks! i did talk to a nurse at the Dr's office and she just said, like everyplace says, either 6 in one hour or 10 in 2 hours. any less and call them or the Dr on call. but she said they can sleep for like 45 min to an hour. so i am sure my little baby is fine Smile it is just getting so close now and i am getting anxious and i just want everything to be ok.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...