Medical Questions > Parenting > Infants Forum

I know the due date - what is the date of conception ?

User Profile
my girlfriends pregnacy due date is nov 13 2007 what can i say the conception date was?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 19th, 2007
Baby Q and A, Baby Health Answer A3312
The day a woman conceives is very close to the day she ovulates. In fact, the difference between conception and ovulation is only several hours ...so we can technically say that the ovulation day is the same as the conception day. Ovulation occurs 14 days before the next menstrual period comes. So, to determine ovulation/conception day we need the date of the first day of the last menstruation and the usual, average cycle duration. Last menstruation date (LMD) can be calculated according to the due date (DD) and this formula:

LMD = DD + 3 months – 7 days
LMD = Nov.13 + 3months – 7 days = Feb.6, 2007

You didn’t tell me your girlfriend’s cycle duration so I can't tell you the precise date of conception. If we suppose that her cycle lasts about 28 days (as in most women) we can suppose that conception happened somewhere in the second half of February 2007.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Infants , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.