Hi - I had my appendix out 24 days ago whilst on holiday in Crete. I recovered from the operation very quickly around the site of my appendix and the pain was manageable within 24 hours without any medication. Ever since the operation I have been increasingly more and more tired and have had a severe headache with temporary loss of vision and blurring a couple of times (lasting a whole day at a time) since. As far as I know, surgery was routine although conducted very quickly - the diagnosis was based on localised lower right abdominal pain which lasted a couple of hours, high white blood cell count and a physical examination, the ultrasound didn't show any signs of appendicitis and afterwards I wasn't told if the appendix was noticeably infected or not.

Doctors opinion please - Is it common to be so exhausted this long after surgery ? or do you think there is possibility that I was misdiagnosed with acute appendicitis ?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Confused
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 12th, 2009
Blurred vision after appendectomy
I, too, just had my appendix out a few days ago. Though I do not have the fatigue part of it I do have the partial loss of vision. Everything I try to read is very blurry. I had to buy a pair of reading glasses which do help. My concern is I didnt have this problem before surgery. Did your vision come back? How long did it last? Thank you.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is chronic fatigue syndrome? We outline the medical definition and different types of CFS in this intro section....
What causes chronic fatigue? And who does it affect? We outline the main factors doctors think contribute to CFS in this section....
Symptoms of chronic fatigue are also common to other disorders. Learn to identify CFS symptoms and when to seek medical help here....