Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Treating muscle strain in hip and groin area - another flare up?

User Profile
Ok 2 years ago my strain was diagnosed.. well they never told me about RICE at the time just gave me pain killers and told me to take it easy.. then when the pain increased they sent me to physical therapy for 3 months.. then released me saying they couldnt do anything i was still in alot of pain but i took it easy.. and everything.. then last year i went back to work full time and honestly the same injury had been flaring up and down depending on my activities well when i went back to work it got worse to the point where i collasped at work and was fired.. well i contacted the dr i was sent to before and he said it was something else.. but i still believe since i had still had problems with the old one it was the same problem.. What i am asking is.. Can it be possible.. For a Strain to be agravated again.. I was told no but.. since.. i've been going through this.. i think it is.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 10th, 2007
Orthopedics Hip, Knee, and Shoulder Injuries Answer A3300
You wrote:

"Diagnosis that has been suggested: hip and groin strain

Current medical status: they bent my leg around and pulled on it.. no procedures and strain.."

"Strain" is not a precise diagnosis to describe the symptoms that you present. If you experienced a simple muscle overextension, it would have been overcome by now. Without a precise diagnosis, however, it's not possible to discuss different kinds of treatment. You can consult an orthopedist about your problem with the hip and groin for more information and to request a more precise diagnosis.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Orthopedics , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.