First, im 18 years old, 5'7 and about 140 Lb. I play video games competitively for the last couple of years so my body has suffered pretty hard.. A couple of days ago I went on a biking trip that was about 35 miles. The next day my stomach felt really sore, which I figured was normal. The today I woke up and felt like I needed air, like I couldn't breathe too well.. Could this just be from my extreme exercise, or something else? Maybe even mental? I have been really anxious about moving into my university for the past week..thanks for any response.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 13th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Dear W1NE,

35 MILES! That's a haul. How sedentary a lifestyle would you say you live? How's your breathing now, a couple of weeks later? have you moved into university?
|

replied September 13th, 2007
Thanks for the reply m8, the breathing has been much much better.. I think I just overworked my entire body. I do have tight chest at night, but it usually goes away after a bit. I am usually pretty lazy but I don't eat much because I forget.. I hate the docs so I try to avoid them as much as possible.
|

User Profile
replied September 14th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I hear you. Sometime docs aren't all that helpful, and they just seem to think that they know everything ... ATTITUDE. Enough vent.

Breathing is a lifelong task ... and you can learn to control it. It takes a lot of work b/c first you need to become conscious of the breath.

What do you study?
|

replied September 14th, 2007
I thought that I was just plain paranoid about my breathing..maybe I was and maybe I wasn't but I'm fine now. I'm studying computer engineering, its becoming a hassle now. What do you do?
|
Must Read
Asthma affects more than 22 million Americans. But what happens during a respiratory asthma attack? Learn the basics about asthma now....
Some people are more likely than other to be diagnosed with asthma. Learn if you are at risk of asthma in this section on risk factors and causes of asthma....
How can you identify the signs and symptoms of asthma or respiratory problems? We list the common asthma symptoms here and discuss asthma problems....