Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

Skin just under the corona of my penis appears to be 'peelin

User Profile
I have noticed that the skin just under the corona of my penis appears to be 'peeling', like sunburn. Is it anything I should be concerned about? Can you recommend a treatment for the condition. I first noticed the condition within the last week. The only place that it appears is in the area I described above.
I am sexually monogamous, (and heterosexual).

Thank you

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 12th, 2007
Mens Conditions Answer A3283
It's not possible to discuss a treatment plan without a precise diagnosis. You could be experiencing some type of infection of the penis’s head (balanitis) ... probably and most commonly a yeast infection. You SHOULD visit a dermatovenerologist about this condition in order to secure an accurate diagnosis.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Mens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.