Medical Questions > Womens Health > Infertility Forum

Trying to Get Pregnant - Chronic Side Pain

I am 25 years old and had a miscarriage a year ago. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant since then but I have been having some problems with my body that nobody can figure out. 3 months after my miscarriage I left a tampon in for a month. I went to the doctor 3 times before I found the tampon and they told me I had a yeast infection. They treated me for that and it didn't go away so they took some blood tests. By this time I had a horrible pain in my left side and it wasn't going away. I found the tampon the following month but the side pain has never gone away. I've seen my obgyn, had an ultra sound, ct and colonoscopy but all tests have been normal. I'm assuming that until I find out what's wrong I won't be able to get pregnant. Maybe it's not a good idea to try until I figure it out. Does anyone have any advice what to do next?
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 30th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Your all tests are normal.Sometimes minor ailments like constipation or heartburn can be the reasons of pain.I suggest you to try for pregnancy and if that is not possible within few months,go for a consultation with a fertility specialist.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counseling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Infertility , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.